The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Prestige got a tester. It's the dark blue euro spec 111s. I'm going this afternoon to test drive it. I'll let you all know how it went !!!!

:D :p :eek: :) <---- I'm excited !!!

·
Registered
963 Posts
It's about time. How was it? Was it this one?

·
Registered
12,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
tidalwdave said:
It's about time. How was it? Was it this one?
Yes, that's the one. And it RAWKED!!! I have three points that I have to make at this juncture:
  1. The Elise is not quite as "raw" as I expected. The only noticeable differences with my S2000 were braking and steering at low speeds. Power assist definitely makes things easier, but even without, it's not so bad in the Elise, because you're not throwing around a lot of weight. My only previous no-power driving exp. comes from a Geo Metro, though, so who am I to talk? ;) Nevertheless, I suggest trying before buying if you've never driven a car w/o power steering/braking.
  2. Prestige got their 2005 Lotus Elise Order Guide in today (They handed it to the GM as I stood there with him, in fact). I'm going back on Friday to pick mine out. Anyone else in line at Prestige (although I get the feeling no one else on the list is a member here, lol) I suggest you get down there!!! ;)
  3. Despite some issues that I've had with Prestige, I have found that Steven Lewis (the general manager) and the owner are both really nice and helpful people.
Ok, so now I have to pick my colors/options by Friday. Here are my current color choices:
  • 75% Saffron Yellow
  • 10% Racing Green
  • 10% Black
  • 5% Other
I'm leaning toward LSS, but I really want black wheels if I'm going to get the Yellow car. I think I might pick up the hard top, too. As for the touring package, well... I'll have to see what the dealer can do for me regarding JUST power windows. If I can't get them, I'll probably just forget the package.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
transio said:

Ok, so now I have to pick my colors/options by Friday. Here are my current color choices:
  • 75% Saffron Yellow
  • 10% Racing Green
  • 10% Black
  • 5% Other
I'm leaning toward LSS, but I really want black wheels if I'm going to get the Yellow car. I think I might pick up the hard top, too. As for the touring package, well... I'll have to see what the dealer can do for me regarding JUST power windows. If I can't get them, I'll probably just forget the package.
If I can't get a Type-25 color scheme I may go with yellow or a blue. It's tough.

If you’ve never had a yellow car I will share this secret with you. Bugs love yellow. They see your car as a giant flower. When the top is off or the window is down they invite themselves in. My Jeep is yellow so I'm speaking from experience. Sporty vehicles do look good in yellow though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts