The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to purchase an Elise for somewhere around 20-23K. My search is coming up empty. Do Elises' depreciate at all or am I just not looking in the right place??

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Although values went up earlier this year, I've seen salvage titled examples in the upper portion of your range. If you can swing it, you might consider going for mid to upper twenties and get one with fewer stories attached to it. If the car has had a front or rear clam replaced due to a minor accident and the seller has documentation to prove it, this might be your best deal. Always get a pre-purchase inspection, as some damage cannot be repaired easily or cheaply.

·
Registered
55 Posts
There was one for sale about a month ago. You might find one that is a salvage title or with very high milage. Most are in the High 20's to 30's for a 2005 with 50K+ miles. It goes up from there. It keeps its value and may only go up since people are getting into accidents and the car is getting more rare.

·
Registered
88 Posts
You just need to keep looking - I found my 07 Elise with 28k miles I paid just over $30k for it. (most of the 05's I fould were in the 27-35k range)

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
I am trying to purchase an Elise for somewhere around 20-23K. My search is coming up empty. Do Elises' depreciate at all or am I just not looking in the right place??

It would be salvage titled or higher miles (50K-100K) from what I've seen.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Don't forget to check things like autotrader and ebay and you need to be able to go the distance (travel). I found mine on ebay although I didn't purchase it through ebay. Did you see this one for 23k or best offer? Says it has a clear title. 116k miles.

Lotus Elise Touring | eBay

·
Registered
7,117 Posts
elises do depreciate which is why they aren't selling for 40-50k used.

a good clean car with cost you around 30k give or take.

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,688 Posts
You could find a nice salvage for about 15 K with a bent frame......take the whole thing apart, replace the frame and have a nice (salvage title) car for about 40 K total !

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
A chrome Orange one sold in southern Arizona for 20k two months back. It had 88k miles. It had bubbling/missing clear coat in places and it was rubbed through on the chin about the size of a silver dollar in two places. It was bone stock (which is a two-edged sword).
Knowing what I do now (after two years of ownership), I would have paid a bit more, and got one which already had a supercharger installed and sorted out. Usually a supercharger does not add as much to the resale cost, as it does for you to purchase a stock car and add it.

·
Premium Member
373 Posts
That one on eBay is TheChazz's elise on LT. He is also parting out most of anything that is worth anything on it. Or that is someone using his pics.

Someone on here just both a red 2005 for 20k flat but it had over 100k miles, bone stock, no extras like hard top, and some body damage but had a clear title.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I purchased my 2006 Chili Red/Black with 42,800 and a clear (no accident) 1 owner title for $25,500. I definitely got it for a steal though. It even came with hard & soft tops, an upgraded stereo, Larini exhaust, and Fujita CAI.

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts
^ cold AC!!! haha

·
Premium Member
484 Posts
I have mine for sale in that price range.
but you're in Alaska. I can see why you would sell your car for that range over there...I don't know much about Alaska's weather..but I assume there is plenty of snow..and lots of big semi-rigs? I don't know if I would want to be on the road with trucks wheels the size of my car in the snow.

:(

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Everyone wants one in that price range, for a little more you can get a lot nicer car.

·
Premium Member
5,195 Posts
Wire wheel in Florida sells repaired cars with rebuilt titles in that range. They have a great reputation and do a very thorough job.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts