The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm almost finished with the bodywork on the Elise. I've done all the usual things such as shaving the body lines, front blinker housings, and rear fins. I'm also deleting all four side markers, the fender turn signals and the front badge.
I was wondering if anyone had ideas to "modify" the look of the front clam. I love the 2010 front clam but I don't consider myself a skilled enough body worker to achieve that look. And help is appreciated!

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Check out what Yellow99s and Renderman have done.

First and foremost, I'd delete the license plate plinth.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Motogeek you rock, that's exactly what I've been looking for, thanks!

ee.engineer......
I will have nightmares for the rest of my life now. I can't unsee that :confused:

bbs350z, I'm doing everything myself, so aside from the cost of materials its free :D

·
Premium Member
5,633 Posts
I'm almost finished with the bodywork on the Elise. I've done all the usual things such as shaving the body lines, front blinker housings, and rear fins. I'm also deleting all four side markers, the fender turn signals and the front badge.
I was wondering if anyone had ideas to "modify" the look of the front clam. I love the 2010 front clam but I don't consider myself a skilled enough body worker to achieve that look. And help is appreciated!
After all you've done so far i would not do much more, stay away from trying to copy the 2010 nose as it doesn't apply to an older model, shoot some pictures of the clam and maybe i can come up with some visual ideas...

check this thread out!!

http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f92/exterior-modifications-thread-39095/

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
After all you've done so far i would not do much more, stay away from trying to copy the 2010 nose as it doesn't apply to an older model, shoot some pictures of the clam and maybe i can come up with some visual ideas...

check this thread out!!

http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f92/exterior-modifications-thread-39095/
I'm surprised I've never stumbled upon that before, thanks so much!
I think I'm going to shave the plinth and be done with it. I'm going to be in HIN Dallas next month and I really just need to get this car back together, it's been apart for over 3 months!

·
Registered
742 Posts
Don't forget to shoot us a few pix when she is all put back together. Always exciting to have someone join the modded clam family :D

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well I decided to just do a basic plinth shave. I have to get the car back together asap. I do however have my old busted clam so that will be my next project :)
I really like those vents on the front/rear fenders too, but they are the most ridiculously over priced part I've ever looked into. I was going to see about getting a universal set and seeing if I could make it work

·
Premium Member
5,633 Posts
You should go with the more subtle LED side markers instead :D how about them headlights? :eek: :eek: I'm the first one to pull that sht on a S2, wait till i get my matte Carbon pieces from Rich, it's going to be fierce!!

the world is a vampire, sent to drain
secret destroyers, hold you up to the flames
and what do i get, for my pain
betrayed desires, and a piece of the game
even though i know-i suppose i'll show
all my cool and cold-like old job...

P.S. Look what i did while you were out fishing, Did i ever tell you I'm severe ADD?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts