The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I looked at seat rail mountings but our rails are too far back plush the manual adjustment bar is pretty far forward... no way these will work.

Anyone come up with something else? Modifying the "shallow cup holder" look best now. :rolleyes:

Any other bright ideas?

·
Premium Member
2,390 Posts
I mounted mine using two split collars that mount around the lower seat adjuster bar. I welded the split collars to a small bracket that I made which is attached to the the actual fire extinguisher mounting bracket. (You could also just drill and tap the split collars to bolt a bracket to them instead of welding). I also lined the split collars with thin rubber so they would grip but not mar the seat bar.

I also recently mounted a 50 second Element fire extinguisher in a similar fashion using split collars that I drilled and tapped to be able to bolt the fire extinguisher brackets to.

·
Registered
590 Posts
This was how Lotus did it for cars sold in Dubai, where it is required by law.

·
Premium Member
2,390 Posts
I was looking at the custom cup holder and custom mount. (y)
The cup holder uses a flange that slips under the floor mat. You can move it around anywhere you want and takes literally 2 seconds to install or remove:

·
Registered
73 Posts
I considered that but if you have an engine fire, you’d have to open the trunk and suddenly expose the fire to more oxygen. Not sure that’s a wise location.
True... but sadly I'm not crafty enough to create my own solution..
If one some brings a good suggestion, I would probably copy it!

·
Illegal Alien
5,145 Posts
I use the fix-a-flat kit area in the engine room
By the time you get fire extinguisher out, if you can even get it out without burning yourself the car will be too far gone. Purpose of an extinguisher in teh car within reach of driver, is to help drive get out of try flames, or to handle a very minor fire such as an overheated brake ... you only have a few seconds of quenching agent.

Reactions: dogtag114
1 - 16 of 16 Posts