The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My baby is 7 weeks from being born and I want this gone! This is beyond a STEAL! I promise you, other than what I've described very detailed below there are absolutely no issues whatsoever with this car. I'm looking for someone to just say.. yes, I'll take it and let's make this deal happen now! No tire kickers, no low ballers.. someone who knows this is a killer deal and just shakes hands and we make this happen asap!

My price reflects the few minor little things, and I mean MINOR notorious lotus cosmetic things that need to be addressed.

I purchased it from a user on here from Carlisle PA with 29,000 miles on it 4 years ago. It currently has 43,XXX on it. Since owning it I've installed Katana 2 supercharger, ACT clutch, Lightweight flywheeel, HID's, Stage 2 exhaust and replaced the factory radio. (I have all of the factory components, including exhaust and all oem pre-s/c parts).

Last spring I backed it into a post in a friends driveway, putting a small crack in the rear clam. It was repaired correctly with fiberflass. I have pictures of the entire process. While it was there I also had the entire front clam and access panels re-sprayed. (The old star shield was horrible. the exposed area's were very dull, and there were a ton of chips all over the front panels). The paint was digitally matched, even the primer was laid down in the Ardent Red first for an exact match. You cannot tell this is not the oem paint, I promise you! It's gorgeous and mirror like!

While it was away getting fixed, I also bought a brand new Katana 2 kit from a user on here, and as soon as I got her back it was installed at a dealership as well as an ACT clutch and lightweight flywheel. ECU was sent out for flash by Sector 111. The car runs beautifully with the Katana on. It's a night at day difference, how this car should be from the factory. The car was put away in late October for winter storage, on a battery tender. (battery is also brand new, purchased in August 16'). I've had it out twice in the past month.

The car runs amazing, it's strong and alive, all around excellent! I've always run synthetic oil in it. Clutch is perfect. Katana 2 tune is perfection. I've never had any issues with stalling, misfires, etc. I've never tracked it, but I've certainly had my fun with it on roads around my area. Anyone who tells you they've "babied" or never driven their car is a liar!!

The "problems":
Headlights- both headlights buckets are cracked where they bolt to the body. The lights are sitting in there, and if you manually lift them out, they will come out. I don't want to spend the $ to fix, so again my price reflects this.

Tail light rapid blink, right side. Not sure if it's a relay or what but for the past year or so, right turn signal blinks fast. All lights are on, bulbs are good. Never spent the time to pinpoint why.

There is a tiny bubble that appeared in the paint where the fiberglass was repaired a few months after while sitting in the sun. The body shop said there was probably moisture in the glass that had an air pocket and found it's way out. It was popped with a pin and it's almost unnoticeable, but I know it's there!

ABS Light- Abs light came on recently. It comes and goes. Most of the time it's on, I've had 40 mile trips where it never came on, and 1/2 mile from my house it's popped on. Probably a sensor going bad, but not sure.

HVAC- A/C works like a champ! Heat likes to not work if it's really cold out. Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. The owner before me made me aware of this. It's never bothered me because I don't drive it outside of spring/summer/fall anyway.

Other than those issues, she's a beauty. You fellow Lotus owners know, the head turning, non stop pointing and OH MY GOD's you get from people when you drive this thing. If you're looking for a great car at a great price and don't mind spending a couple hours fixing a few lights... this is a deal!

I've taken into consideration the mileage, cost of headlights etc, and you'll prob need some new front R888's soon. This is the 3rd year I've had them. They have decent tread, but I'm weary about using those too long. The rear R888's are also new from last year, excellent condition and almost mint on the tread!

You'll get all of the OEM parts that I have as well, including the exhaust, radio, some OEM marker lights and all of the components from the S/C install.

I'm located in Orange County, New York. 60 miles north of NYC. (Yes it's country). You're welcome to come see it in person. I'm willing to help you get this baby shipped or come drive her home!

I HAVE BETTER PICS.. THIS FORUMS PICTURE UPLOAD SUCKS

Attachments

·
Registered
88 Posts
I literally have almost this exact same car(except blue).
Same year, same mileage, same SC... only real additional would be my Nitrons.

Anyway, i literally wouldn't sell my car for less than 42k.
This is a S T E A L. I would have 150% bought this had it been up in Feb.
SOMEONE BUY THIS.

34k is just nuts. I'd imagine a lotus dealership would give alot more than that, no?

·
Premium Member
98 Posts
I had to read the price in the title TWICE, as I thought I'd lost my mind to a sudden attack of dyslexia...

What a tremendous deal - and if I wasn't already owned by an '07 Exige... :eek:

But this '06 ticks all the boxes... Whoever steals this Exige ought to have their picture posted - in the Post Office, for stealing this Lotus....

What a terrific price and a full disclosure of the "good" and "not so good", where the not so good appear to be only a few minor things...

GLWTS - dang... What a deal...

John D.

·
Registered
102 Posts
At this price, there is plenty of money left over for several new sets of R888's!!!

With the tires and the car's proximity, I sure hope to see it on a New England track with John D. and me this season.

GLWS!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Why is positive pricing conversation always allowed on threads, but negative comments aren't?
By the way, nice car and nice price :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Bryan,

I'm very interested. I can come check it out tomorrow, or as soon as you would like.

You can text/call me at 7175760932. I'm not too far, I'm in PA.

·
Acme Super Moderator ** The Enforcer **
6,909 Posts
Why is positive pricing conversation always allowed on threads, but negative comments aren't?
By the way, nice car and nice price :)
By the letter of the law, comments on the price in a for sale thread aren't allowed (unless asked for by the OP), but the intent was to eliminate the negative comments. You brought up an interesting perspective.

San

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey guys, sorry I just saw all of this traffic! I have another forum user who I'm going through the sale process with right now down in sunny Florida! It is a super steal and I too had a hard time pricing it this low, but I started at the 40 Mark and although a lot of people have these cars priced in the high 30's it was just not generating enough interest for me! I even had it on ebay twice with a buy it now of $36,000 ... nothing. I'll be sad to let it go, but such is life! The new owner certainly has some room for some new GRP headlights and some new tires and she's perfect!

If anything falls through with this buyer I will certainly follow up and you guys are free to take his place!

Thanks guys!!
-Bryan

·
Registered
116 Posts
This is showing the actual values of the cars....

·
Registered
91 Posts
Btw, 90 percent chance the abs light is just low fluid in the reservoir. Happens as the brakes wear down. 10min fix.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
828 Posts
This is showing the actual values of the cars....
*Possibly* actual value... but definitely not "market" value. The fact that Lotus is no longer making a lightweight car for the USA is certainly keeping the market value up. Since I'm already in the pool, I'm actually kinda happy about that. :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts