The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

For the users who have these tires on their evora how long did they last you?

Also, this is the recommended tire size on tirerack.com, do you guys think this will be fine?
Front: 225/40R18
Rear: 255/35R19

Thank you!

·
Registered
80 Posts
i have no experience but I see some good feedback on these tires. not sure about serious track use but for normal, fun driving I would not hesitate to put them on. They are on my shortlist when the time comes.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I have them on my elise and my daily. They are not a super sticky tire, and if I tracked often I would choose something else. With that said, I think they are a great on wear, good on performance and very reasonably priced. They are exactly what i was looking for in a tire for a car that sees mostly spirited street driving and occasional autocross/track.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Strange, I thought that I had replied on this thread earlier but I guess I forgot to hit "post" :unsure:
I replaced my Evoras rear tires with Firehawks and have been very happy with them. I haven't tracked the car but they are very comfortable on regular driving and even at high speed on the highway (I'm not posting numbers but it was "high speed")
I only replaced the rears and did go with 255/35r19 through TireRack.
Funny side note: I must have fat-fingered the order and got the wrong ones. TireRack agreed to swap them for no cost when I bought the correct set. They delivered the correct ones, picked up the wrong ones and then sent me a Firestone rebate for buying "four" tires! 🤑

·
Registered
279 Posts
I had them for about 6,000 miles on my S1 Evora and they were absolutely amazing.

If I were keeping the 400 long term, they'd be the next set after the factory tires give up the ghost.

·
Premium Member
6,344 Posts
Amazing compared to what??

·
Registered
385 Posts
/Since the MPS4S are more than a month backorder, I need to get my rears replaced quick. I saw this thread and wonder if I should get these in 285/30/20 instead of MPSS. the PSS wear down way too quick on the street. MPS4S were much better on wear but still not that great. Felt really good on the streets though.

·
Premium Member
6,344 Posts
By wear down too quickly, how many seasons do they last? 3?? That's ideal

If you are putting 15k/yr on car, that's different.

·
Registered
385 Posts
By wear down too quickly, how many seasons do they last? 3?? That's ideal

If you are putting 15k/yr on car, that's different.

I drive about 12k a year since this is my daily. I got 7k out of the PSS and about 10k out of the PS4S

I went ahead and ordered the Firehawk Indy 500. The price is really good compared to the rest. I will report back and let y'all know how I like them on the road.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Here is my short review of them on my car daily driving them for about 100 miles now in the last 2 days

They are much more forgiving with the road bumps and potholes. They feel like the same "stickiness" as the MPS4S. My butt doesn't feel any different with the way the car handles on the street. I know the top speed is no longer 199 and mere 160 or something but on the street, it does the job. I haven't taken it passed 110 yet but it handles absolutely same at that speed.

So far the verdict is that I like them.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts