The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, as I'm enjoying my Elise with my 13 year old son this afternoon, an 18 year old girl cuts me off. Luckily the Elise stops on a dime and we avoided a full collision. Her car ended up scuffing my front end pretty good. No cracks or breaks, but the Star Shield is scuffed pretty good. The paint, underneath, is also scuffed in certain areas. This will likely mean a paint job on front end as well as replacement of Star Shield. I hope that the body shop I'm visiting on Monday can match the paint as well as replace the Star Shield. Regardless of where the Star Shield is damaged, i assume that the entire front end Shield will need replacement. Will removing it damage the paint; which, will mean painting the entire front clam. The damage is limited to the nose (bumper) and the start of the Shield near the Lotus logo.

Mike

Attachments

·
Ticket Magnet
1,056 Posts
Glad everyone is O.K. Looks like it's total loss. Dibs on the chassis.
Seriously, I am glad you were on top of it. Nice save.

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts
Star Shield, removed properly, will not damage the paint, remember, it's purpose in life is to prevent damage to the paint. I use a bank of 150 watt halogens, about 18" away from the nose, to warm it up gradually, when you hit the right temp, it will pull off with minimal, or zero residue. Good reflexes... ..:)

·
Premium Member
2,251 Posts
A perfect excuse to put XPel Ultimate on it instead of StarShield. I've had both. Trust me. Just research it. Fantastic stuff and MUCH more inconspicuous.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts