The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had written to Yvo Tuk, of elise-shop.com in regards some motorsports gearchange cables i ordered for my elise. The product was advertised as being a fit for a rover engined elise up to MY2004 as is my car.

After emailing Yvo, i got a reply saying the cooling off period of 2 weeks had past and that i would need to order more parts to have the cables fit the car because the cables that arrived were part of a "small series which have been fitted with different abutment brackets on the end of the cables."

My mechanic stated that the cables are also thicker than the ones they replace and cant be fitted to the car without modification. So the cables dont actually fit that car specification.

I also find it a particular bad attitude when i replied back to Yvo to tell him that i would not deal with elise-shop anymore and that they cant be trusted to advertise products that dont actually fit the model as stated. This confirms they are just out for the dollar and nothing more.

Another issue was with the Larini sports cat which touches the stock muffler, actually interfering with the exhaust system.

The last thing one needs is a seller pushing random products that "may" fit your car without owning the responsibility that comes with running a parts shop.

Happy to take recommendations for a trustworthy shop to deal with in future. Its a shame there is no way (yet) to rate/review the online shops in a public place when these incidents happen.

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
I have in the past spent quite a lot of money with them on many various parts over the years. No comment on your particular part/ experience, but my own has been very positive.

They have been a long time fixture of the community. Hope you get your parts on. Peacb

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
I've had good experiences with elise-shop. Sorry about your issues.

·
Registered
7,008 Posts
I have used them several times, good experiences.

Hope your situation works out ok. Let us know please.

·
Premium Member
2,164 Posts
Interesting first post..

I have also used elise-shop.com several times without issue. In fact, I was quite impressed at how fast "time of order to time of delivery" took. Overall, I was very happy with them.

It's certainly unfortunate if others do not have the same positive experience.

·
Acme Super Moderator ** The Enforcer **
6,909 Posts
Interesting first post..

I have also used elise-shop.com several times without issue. In fact, I was quite impressed at how fast "time of order to time of delivery" took. Overall, I was very happy with them.

It's certainly unfortunate if others do not have the same positive experience.
I haven't seen a negative post for elise-shop that I can recall. I don't put much creedence in a one-post new member's complaint, especially when all the other forum members here report the opposite.

San

·
2005 Graphite Grey Elise
45 Posts
+1 on having good experiences with elise-shop. They managed to get an exhaust and coil overs shipped to Cali from europe in 3 days with standard shipping.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts