The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
All the way from Oz?

I picked up a couple from Newport European in early April.

Dealerships have had these here for at least a month now, along with a bunch of other Elise swag like keychains, cufflinks, watches, etc.

Support your dealerships, and make friends with the parts department guys ;)

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Robert Puertas said:
All the way from Oz?

I picked up a couple from Newport European in early April.

Dealerships have had these here for at least a month now, along with a bunch of other Elise swag like keychains, cufflinks, watches, etc.

Support your dealerships, and make friends with the parts department guys ;)
Yes I know that some places have these in stock. My partner in Oz picked them up around Christmas time for me when No One in the US had them. He held onto them for me since he had to ship some prototype Elise parts which all arrived today from OZ along with the models.

Mitch

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
I have the same Jadi cars - the yellow is pretty mustardy colored in my book - not very bright. My other model is the red/white Type 49 (I think - but the bottom plastic says 111S) and the red looks very bright and good. Both models look identical in every respect but color and the 409 has the gold wheels that look like crap to me.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
cerven said:
I have the same Jadi cars - the yellow is pretty mustardy colored in my book - not very bright. My other model is the red/white Type 49 (I think - but the bottom plastic says 111S) and the red looks very bright and good. Both models look identical in every respect but color and the 409 has the gold wheels that look like crap to me.

Very cool, I love collecting model cars. These are the first Elise model's for me. I hope to add more Lotus stuff as time goes on.

Best Wishes,
Mitch

·
Registered
5,419 Posts
hermanslotus said:
1Fast,

What color interior did you order??

Mitch
I was ging to go for the red interior but chickened out. I was afraid it would look like a Ronald McDonald car :D I ordered the black leather interior. I know that the black will wear better as well.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
1FASTMX5 said:
I was ging to go for the red interior but chickened out. I was afraid it would look like a Ronald McDonald car :D I ordered the black leather interior. I know that the black will wear better as well.
Good Move, Yellow with black interior is the way to go. A good friend of mine has a brand new Speed Yellow GT3 with black interior. It looks awesome. I'll show you his car when we get our Elise's.

Mitch

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Is there any way to dye the white thread color that appears on the black leather seats without damaging the leather? They do have color-fast dyes and I wonder if it can be dabbed on to saturate the thread in colors to match the exterior,
especially the yellow?

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
Ridgemanron said:
Is there any way to dye the white thread color that appears on the black leather seats without damaging the leather? They do have color-fast dyes and I wonder if it can be dabbed on to saturate the thread in colors to match the exterior,
especially the yellow?
Yes but what if you use school bus or taxi yellow by mistake;)

·
Registered
592 Posts
hermanslotus said:
Very cool, I love collecting model cars. These are the first Elise model's for me. I hope to add more Lotus stuff as time goes on.

Best Wishes,
Mitch
Mitch,

I got the Type 49 Elise from Exoticar at the NY Auto Show. I think they still have it on their web site and perhaps in the NYC store at Park and 48th street (and they have all sort of cool stuff there).

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
Ridgemanron said:
especially the yellow?
I heard a magic marker works well....:D

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Patricko said:
Yes but what if you use school bus or taxi yellow by mistake;)
If it's 'school bus' I'll get a scolding from my
old teacher Miss Heartless, but if the mistake turns out to be 'taxi' I could be
shot by one of those non-paying riders
who shoot first and rob second.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts