The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Driving at normal a speed around 55mph, exhaust note turns into a double pop sound and check engine light starts to blink. This morning I took the rear under tray off but no signs of exhaust leak. I noticed an unusual amount of water dripping out of the exhaust. ANY HINTS ??

05 Elise 13,500 miles stage II exhaust

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
A blinking CEL is a more serious fault (as opposed to the loose gapcap symdrome that results in a steady CEL). Get a code scanner (as low as $60) and read the code stored in the ECU, in the meantime don't drive it more than absolutely necessary.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Got a scanner codes read
p1301- misfire level causing emissions increase
p1302- misfire level causing catalyst system damage
p0301- cylinder 1 misfire detected

pulled coilpacks

dont know the orientation of 1-4 on coil pack but. Looking at the engine from the rear of the car left to right left looked good no corrosion left middle looked good no corrosion right middle looked rusty right looked horrible.

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
Got a scanner codes read
p1301- misfire level causing emissions increase
p1302- misfire level causing catalyst system damage
p0301- cylinder 1 misfire detected

pulled coilpacks

dont know the orientation of 1-4 on coil pack but. Looking at the engine from the rear of the car left to right left looked good no corrosion left middle looked good no corrosion right middle looked rusty right looked horrible.
I believe the "front" of the engine is the passenger side (with the belt and accessories), thus cylinder #1 is the rightmost, cylinder #4 is the leftmost. So your horrible coil pack would be #1

P.S. You might ask a mod to merge your two threads...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts