The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive seen 238746324 posts about people getting wrong attention, little girl attention, people saying its to small, what about first dates/first impression.

When i picked up a girl for our first date with my MERC her father came outside and asked me when i was doing with a car like that?
ME: I dunno, I liked it. :shrug:

A few weeks after that happened, i picked up a girl for our seconed date and i met her father that day and he had asked me if i could drive it?!?!....
ME:uhmmm ok?.. sure

We walked out to the car and he was explaing why he asked me that..
DAD: If im going to let you take out my daughter why cant i take out your car?... :wallbang:
GET YOUR OWN DANM CAR!!

Anyone expierince the same thing?..

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
I'm not dating, but if i did, I would take the daily driver (4runner for me) for the first few dates. No reason to show off early. If she likes you for the car you're driving, run away fast

Lastly, why is the dad even involved, I'll assume you're younger and you're not dating 30 year old women who still live at home ! Doesn't seem like that dad likes you though, bad start! Should have driven the denali :)

Oh, and in my experience, this car attacts more boys than girls :panic:

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Why is this here?

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,687 Posts
The Elise only attracts little kids and middle aged balding men. And if you're young enough to be dating teen girls you better just have a car with a big back seat ! -eek-

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
You have to be careful since maybe he wanted to see if you had anything in your car.

You should have freaked him out and said that I cant let you drive it, because the last girl that I dated is still locked in the trunk.

When I was about 18, a very shy and quite 17 year old co-worker came in to work in her fathers car, since her's broke down. One of the kids I worked with was wise ass and asked if he could borrow the keys to check it out, since it was some type of musclecar, but that he wouldnt drive it. The girl said ok figuring he just wanted to check out the car.

The kid then went to the drugstore across the street and bought a bunch of condoms and put them on the antenna, windshield wipers, and gearshift. The girl left to go home later and saw them and took them off of the car, and yelled at the kid. He said, I hope that you took the ones out of the ashtray in the back seat, and out of the glove box, under the seats and out from the sun visors too! Needless to say the girl was mortified and went through the entire car looking to see what he hid in it.

·
shay2nak
24,994 Posts
Ive seen 238746324 posts about people getting wrong attention, little girl attention, people saying its to small, what about first dates/first impression.

When i picked up a girl for our first date with my MERC her father came outside and asked me when i was doing with a car like that?
ME: I dunno, I liked it. :shrug:

A few weeks after that happened, i picked up a girl for our seconed date and i met her father that day and he had asked me if i could drive it?!?!....
ME:uhmmm ok?.. sure

We walked out to the car and he was explaing why he asked me that..
DAD: If im going to let you take out my daughter why cant i take out your car?... :wallbang:
GET YOUR OWN DANM CAR!!

Anyone expierince the same thing?..
that's weird...nope.

·
Registered
331 Posts
I am always amused at how different people (especially women) react and treat me when I'm driving my Lotus as compared to my Ford F-150.

·
Registered
582 Posts
I avoid these types of situations by going to bars instead, I dont usually see girl(s) with their dad(s) .
Atleast he didnt go along on the date with you and the girl. Because I'm sure he would've been riding shotgun.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yah well i have to admit im a little younger.. and that was just one thing that i rean into.
i just thouhgt it would be funny to see if other people have had the same thing happen to them..

·
Registered
582 Posts
Totally unrealted to posts, I have an E class too, I think its a girlie car coz I always see OC housewives driving it. Nice Car though.

i think its your age (or rather your date's age) that make things unique here.

And even if I do go to the family house, chances are, the family has kinda equivalent cars.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts