The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
So today I took the car in to work mainly to show it off as most everyone in my department has known I was looking for an Elise for some time. First my buddy walks in and immediately says that's your new car isn't it. He didnt actually know I was buying an Elise but he is just a really cool guy. So I was like how could you tell. He replied because I have seen you drive, you have good taste in cars.

Now, I'm pretty much the first person in to the office and I sit next to the window near the entrance. So each employee comes in one by one, some that know me, some that don't really, and ALL of them gawked at it. But to my surprise no-one else commented all day? I'm going to chalk that up with the Oh, so you did buy it? Well you are too good for us now then. I mean I dont really know how else to take it? Its fumy because all of my stuck up, modest, or quite friends totally can't stop talking about it. Even my "your not better then me" brother.

So anyways Off to daycare ( its only 3 minutes from the house and normally I will pick him up in the family car ) but I had to see what he would say. Before he could finish his sentence "Daddy, you brought the race car". Every teacher, RN, manger ( all women by the way ) come running at me. First the day care owner says "Is that your new car?" Second some hot ass blond I didnt even know worked there comes barreling down the hall saying "what kind of car is that?" Meanwhile my sons teacher is popping her head out the class room saying "what car?" All this while all the kids in Daycare rubber necking out the window as my son proudly says "ok Daddy lets take my car home".

That was a fun first day, interesting but fun.

Premium Member
Sounds like a great day. Do you have the airbag switch installed?
If your going to have the kids in there, it's a good idea.
It is a pretty awesome car????

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
I'm in touch with a guy that makes then. He is designing a simple drop in solution.

Super Moderator
Great first day - the daycare bit is perfect :)

Sounds like a great day. Do you have the airbag switch installed?
If your going to have the kids in there, it's a good idea.
It is a pretty awesome car????
Unless you have a rear facing child seat switching off the airbag is unnecessary. The passenger seat in the Elise is a long way from the dashboard and as long as the child is in a properly fitted seatbelt (or harness integral to a propery installed booster seat) they are far enough away that they won't be hit by the exploding bag and hence it is worth leaving active.

Note: I've been driving my kids around in my Elise for seven years... but it is a pre-airbag model so I don't have them.

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
Aedo, is actually correct I just get sick of arguing it. I talked to a local cop. It's really simple, this car or any rear engine two seater is not the place for kids. The airbag will not hurt a kid if he is bulked. Its not place for a kid to ride often as humans make errors ( forget to buckle ). It perfectly legal just not recommended. I dont let my son ride in my two seater much at all, that just too risky.

Please don't troll this post with the kid thing, there are plenty of posts out there already :)

Registered
Well, sounds like you bought it for all the right reasons... :rolleyes:

Registered
Discussion Starter #9
I had a run in with a nismo, didnt do to well against me...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts