The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I drove my first Elise today an 06 w/ stage 2 exhaust. Nice drive. I have been planning to buy one in the next few months. I was impessed but had a couple of draw backs, Not enought for me not to buy but still a draw back. As you can tell from my name Lotus type 74 I am a (was) Europa TCS owner. This Elise is harder to get in an out of than an Europa, the shift throws are longer than I would have thought and the pedals need to be closer. I know there is an aftermaeket fix for that. But I did like the car alot. It seems that a new air intake and new exhaust should shave a ten off the 0 to 60 time but I think time is lost because the shift throws are so long. Is there an upgrade for that?

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
The pedals are really close as it is...you sure you want them closer?

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
I drove my first Elise today an 06 w/ stage 2 exhaust. Nice drive. I have been planning to buy one in the next few months. I was impessed but had a couple of draw backs, Not enought for me not to buy but still a draw back. As you can tell from my name Lotus type 74 I am a (was) Europa TCS owner. This Elise is harder to get in an out of than an Europa, the shift throws are longer than I would have thought and the pedals need to be closer. I know there is an aftermaeket fix for that. But I did like the car alot. It seems that a new air intake and new exhaust should shave a ten off the 0 to 60 time but I think time is lost because the shift throws are so long. Is there an upgrade for that?
I'm sure that someone will post on the merits and drawbacks of a "quicker shift" conversion (done easliy though some have had an interference problem with the console)...BUT there is no way the Elise linkage will become the toggle switch that was the shifter in the Europa (if you think the Special was short, you should try a Renault Europa with a factory-tight -- restored, not 40 years worn -- shifter). I had two S.2s and a Special and loved all of them, but my Elise is everything the Europas were -- and my two Elans and two Esprits -- and then some.

And I agree with Mr. Know, you want the pedals closer?!? :huh:

·
Registered
6,571 Posts
Actually, new exhaust and air intake will likely not shave anything off the 0 to 60 time. Search, many discussions on how to make it quicker with such mods. Not much to do, really, without going forced induction.

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
I felt that the accelerator pedal was a bit too low and away from the brake, especially when wearing my Puma Speedcats, so I did this:
http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f92/problem-06-pedals-heel-toe-36566/

Ingress and Egress has become very easy in the Elise, I guess it is second nature now: http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f118/why-all-angst-over-getting-out-elise-30422/

I'm did not get around to doing the Stan Shifter Mod yet, I hear that its one of the best things you can do to greatly improve the shifter feel.

Welcome!

I just realized your in Illinois. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts