The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got the car to the point where I could take my first drives in our 1958 Seven S1. My wife, a neighbor and I had to push it home so I guess there is still work to do. :shrug:

Here I am switching off the engine after returning from my first lap around the block. It was smoking from some burn off of the exhaust wrap paint. Ignore the date stamp on the picture, it reset to the default when we replaced the batteries a few days ago.

Attachments

·
Modern Day Hippie
3,839 Posts
Do you have any more photos? Looks sharp. :)

·
German Reimport
2,953 Posts
Nice car!
Driving one of those about 15 years ago (a friend of mine had one) is what initially sparked my interest in the Lotus...:bow:

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,687 Posts
very cool ! :up:

·
Not the admin anymore
11,953 Posts
Nice car....nice neighborhood. It doesn't strike me as the type of neighborhood where people park their cars in the yard. You might want to post this pic in 'Things you do that might be considered 'redneck'.....

http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33513

-poke-

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Cars parked in yard

Well, tidewater Virginia is kind of redneck.

Taking the Seven out requires some shuffling. 1) Wife’s car to neighbors driveway 2) M100 in yard out of the way 3) Truck hooked up to trailer 4) tow trailer away from garage 5) move junk blocking car in garage 6) go on a drive.

Putting it away had the additional step of push car back home. It was less than 200 yards so it didn't seem worth it to use the trailer especially since I don't have an electric winch as yet so I have to push the car up the ramp.

I am beginning to suspect that the axle needs to be rebuilt. It seemed fine spinning it by hand but I am sure that the bearings are shot and the main seal is leaking.

Thanks everyone for you kind words. Hope to see you at LOG.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts