The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah I know, it is almost the end of June already! But I can explain,,,, see the 64 MGB, I bought because I just had to have it, has been taking up almost all of my spare time and the 61 Midget that is getting a Toyota 20v
4AGE has been taking up most of my spare money. Only real thing I have done to the Elan has been to install a full width Griffin Aluminum radiator to keep it cooler when up in the thin air. Not to ramble but LOG last year would have been alot more fun had the car not kept getting hot when driven hard up in the mountains.

So the boys new wife came to see us for a few days before she goes to Japan to join him. My son, who is now a complete Lotus convert, told me I MUST take Anna for a ride in the Elan.

Take her for a ride eh? Ok,,,,,,,,, man that was fun and I probably did get carried away but I haven't had that much fun driving the wee out of the Elan since, well, probably ever. Motor stayed cool and the temp guage just planted itself at 185 and never budged so I kept driving faster and faster. I think I forgot how well that thing rails corners!

Therfore mission accomplished. Motor runs great and never gets hot, I realized I really love driving this thing and, the big bonus, scared the living crap out of my new daughter-in-law.

Jay "RZ"

BTW, anyone have a Weber head they are willing to part with?

·
Registered
982 Posts
sounds like a blast, i love everytime i get to drive my car and fall back in love!

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Ah the LOG 27 curse of Colorado.

I proved the old adage wrong that carrying a spare part prevents the one on the car from failing. I had to replace the CAS in the parking lot.

Colorado is the only state I have ever had boost showing on the gauge for over a solid half hour. The M100 really comes alive under those conditions.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts