The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So believe it or not, my job has a car show every year. Participants range from your everyday run of the mill sports cars (vettes et al). . . to 70 year old classsics. . . to your true exotics, Last year, a Lambo Diablo won "Best in Show".

Attachments

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
This year was a little different. . . . . .

I took home the "Best in Show" honors.

Attachments

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Beating out one of the second place Lambo's. . . . . .

Attachments

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It was pretty cool to see everyone flock to the Elise. Even more impressive were the number of people who came up to me to tell me they read this board every day. Most of them hardly ever post, and are self professed "lurkers." Hopefully they will start to post pretty soon because I know you are all reading this. :D PM me and let's all grab lunch soon.

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
Very nice, good work.

What are the criteria for winning at the show?

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
None. People just vote on which car they like the best. While it was cool to win. My vote would have been on this 1937 Dodge 1/2 Ton. I'm no pro, but I would expect something like this to push big bucks at Barrett-Jackson.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,419 Posts
Ahahahaah LOL! That's awesome that you won. Congratulations! Well you have to figure you now own one of the most rare street legal race cars in America. Not to mention we now own a car that has made the front cover of Dupont Registry. I never thought I would own anything that would make that cover. Cool bunch of people you work with to do this.

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Nice one, congratulations. Thanks for the photo of the truck, that's pretty cool. Funny thing about that truck, it reminds me that you just never know about some people. My brother-in-law is a very conservative, straightlaced, "frugal" (read: cheap) but nice guy, who doesn't really give into extravagances in any way. But back a few years ago, he goes and buys himself an old ('60's era) fire truck ! A pumper. He's since traded "up" slightly, to something a bit later-model and more powerful. He drives it in parades, and gives the occasional ride around the block to the kids in the neighborhood and in his church etc. You just never know about people....:p

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Your car looks awesome in the first picture, that's a great shot. You'll need to get rid of the window sticker, though! :p

That old truck looks fantastic, too. Would have been a tough call to cast a vote between that and your Elise.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks! When you first look at the pic in the garage, you have to look again because the picture looks so "liquid". But that is actually the kick-ass Zymol Carbon Wax I put on there. At $42, I wasn't sure what to expect, but it's worth it. It almost looks animated in some of my other pics.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Wonderful pics, thanks!:clap:
Hey, let's see the other pics you alluded to. Also, tell me about the Zymol - never used it - was it hard to put on/off? It sure looks tremendous. Where do you work? You the man.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Did someone recommend the Carbon Zymol? Isn't it for dark colored cars?

Zymol is the best wax out there. I wouldn't use it for a daily driver, but for a weekend car you can't go wrong.

·
Banned
6,941 Posts
Pick up a copy of the Guru Report's Wax Test...Zymol didn't do very well...Zaino for life and P21S/S100 for appearance did the best. Easiest on/off with no residue = P21S/S100.

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
I used the Zymol Creme for years (the wax for light colored cars) clearly the easiest wax to work with but I found it didn't last more than a month or two for a daily driver.

Got to say so far I'm liking the zaino I applied.
Chris

·
Registered
2017 Evora 400
5,638 Posts
What about NuFinish?

I'm serious. They say it does well against the more expensive brands.

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
Cool! Glad to hear your Elise won!

Who the hell at your company has Lambos?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts