The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to Philly soon and wanted to drive the Evora. Wifey not too crazy about it as she thinks it may not be wise to leave it in a public parking area. However, where we are staying the public parking is next door to the hotel. (Half price too).

What do all of you think? Will it stick out too much and cause some unwanted attention?

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
When I travel I feel comfortable parking the Elise at hotels overnight. It does not draw a lot of attention at that time.

However I would not feel good about leaving it parked during the day for a long duration in a public area.

That's my 2 cents.

·
Registered
7,352 Posts
Call the Hotel. Sometimes they will do a special arrangement for a special car. We've had them even ask us to park right in front.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
I agree with XHILR8N! the hotel may be able to accommodate you.

Take the car, enjoy and have fun!

·
Registered
216 Posts
Park under a lighted area or new a lamp. Just avoid parking in the "dark side" (usually the back) of the hotel regardless of what car you have. Sure the Evora will cause more attention that other cars.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Any suggestions on where to place the luggage? Two pieces. One small and one medium size bag. If the small one is placed in the boot, will it get too hot possibly ruin the clothes?

·
Illegal Alien
5,308 Posts
It doesn't get too hot.

·
Registered
216 Posts
The boot doesn't get too hot. I've had groceries back there many of times. I usually place stuff in the back seat though.

·
Registered
795 Posts
I had my Evora parked overnight at an Orlando hotel last week. When I came out to the car the following morning, some idiot had ripped off the black plastic screw caps on my license plate trim ring. I probably should have asked to park up front. No biggie.

·
Premium Member
2,251 Posts
Ask to park it up front "off to the side and not in the way". Don't feel bad about it either. Hell, call them ahead of time and talk to the GM.

Where are you driving from? The potholes in PA are absolutely ridiculous!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ask to park it up front "off to the side and not in the way". Don't feel bad about it either. Hell, call them ahead of time and talk to the GM.

Where are you driving from? The potholes in PA are absolutely ridiculous!
Coming from North Bergen, NJ. They've not repaired the potholes yet? Are they that bad?

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
I usually ask for a first floor room and bring my bike into the room.

Oh wait, this is a car forum. ;)

Hotels should have those dome cameras. Park next to them. Or, find a hotel with valet parking. Ask to park it there and you keep the key.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Pot holes in western, PA are horrid right now. They just started to get out for repairs this weekend.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
So I found a hotel with in and out privileges; Four Seasons. Anyone know how their valets are? I am told there are several high end cars there.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
I stayed at the Rittenhouse a few years ago and took the Elise. They had me park it right outside the front door. The head valet wanted nothing to do with parking it. I gave him $10 for taking care of me/it. I didn't make a fuss but they didn't want the liability of damaging it. The four seasons usually has expensive cars out front so they probably are custom to taking care of the also.

·
Registered
3,871 Posts
Down town Philly is ok especially if you're near the ritten house district. I was there last month but the freeways are horrid and I thought pot holes in L.A. were bad...actually it is :)

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
I use a lightweight car cover when traveling with our M100. It helps keep the bumps and scrapes off the car. It is less conspicuous.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts