The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 149 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Evora GT in Formula Red, coordinated black+red interior, windowed engine hatch
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've started threads on joining the Lotus family, trailering an Evora, etc. I promised to start a separate thread to sort of chronicle our Lotus ownership experience once we actually found and purchased our Lotus. This is that thread!

Through a remarkable series of events we were able to obtain a brand new, three-days-from-the-warehouse, 2020 Evora GT with a grand total of six miles on it (~4 of which were the test drive in Hethel, based on the difference between the odometer and the trip meter). We purchased it from Boardwalk Lotus of Redwood City CA, then trailered/drove it home to North Idaho.

Like every other online forum dedicated to the love of something with an engine in it, it appears this site appreciates photos. So I'll start with some, and then comment on our first impressions and ongoing questions.

The salesman had sent me several photos of the Evora GT while we worked out details, but this was my first in-person view when I arrived at Boardwalk Lotus:

It was visible a block away from the lot. Stood out from everything else around it.

Here is the car at the Oregon Coast during the trip home. The lighting wasn't ideal since it wasn't at my back, but the surf in the background was just too great a photo opportunity to be picky about lighting. Besides, the Evora GT looks great in ANY light, right?

Finally home in North Idaho, here is a shot at the world famous Lake Coeur d'Alene:

...and another from a different part of the lake:

Those who like golf probably know Coeur d'Alene has a very famous and popular golf course that includes a floating green. I couldn't get the car onto the floating green for a photo op on short notice {grin} but we did take a couple of shots with the course in the background:

If you look closely in the previous and next photos you can see a portion of the I-90 freeway that leads to the Veterans Memorial Centennial Bridge, which passes 300 feet over one portion of the lake. That would have been an awesome picture but there's nowhere legal (or safe) to pull over and take a photo.

·
Registered
2020 Evora GT in Formula Red, coordinated black+red interior, windowed engine hatch
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I just got back from taking my "second Mom" to lunch for her birthday. She's 85 years old today but was as giddy as a little girl in the Lotus. Her husband passed away a few years ago, and I knew him very well, but being in the Lotus reminded her of a part of his life I had never heard about: When he was young, he was a member of a car club and drove sports cars! All these decades and I had never heard about that. But she got to relive that today and share it with the rest of us at lunch.

Just another day for a Lotus, making people happy and bringing back great memories.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Congratulations and enjoy in good health. Hopefully you don't have any hiccup warranty items since your dealer is not exactly close by.

·
Illegal Alien
4,897 Posts
Congratulations, your selection is beautiful. Enjoy the years!

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here are some early observations of a brand-new owner of a brand-new Evora GT.

1) The transmission has a rattling, sort-of grinding noise just off the line until about 10 MPH. True in 1st or 2nd gear. Is not present if just coasting with the clutch disengaged at those same speeds, so it's definitely related to the transmission and is not wheel bearings or engine. It's not a pleasant sound. Another way to describe it might be as if the rear wheels were driving through deep gravel. I mentioned it the morning it got its 1K break-in service and even went for a test drive with the Lotus Technician, but naturally it didn't make the sound there. {grrr} It did so later in the day, though, so it appears to not occur until the drivetrain is warmed up. It starts at about 1-2 MPH and fades away above ~10 MPH (it doesn't get drowned out, you can actually hear it fade away). The Tech said this Toyota transmission was originally intended for diesel applications, that the sound was "normal" and usually hidden by the growling of the diesel. Perhaps, but I can say the other manual Evoras we've driven didn't make this sound. This transmission sound is my Number One complaint and concern about the car right now.

2) There is a resonance, I want to describe it as a "hooning" sound, that occurs at 2900 through 3000 RPM. It's not abrupt - it fades in around 2900 and fades away around 3000. Naturally, I couldn't make it happen during the Tech drive at the dealer so it may be temperature related, but every passenger notices it because it fills the passenger compartment. Occurs in any gear, clutch in or out, at any speed from 0-75+ MPH, etc. so it appears to be driven solely by engine RPM. I suspect it's the supercharger but its frequency (pitch) does not vary within its 100 RPM range so it's probably an airway resonance and not a bearing or other mechanical part. The way I drive, the engine spends a fair amount of time right in this RPM range so the sound is quite annoying.

3) SHOES!!! This car has the closest pedal spacing I've ever personally owned. During the ~1000 miles driving home in my standard $15 Costco sneakers I constantly had the soles "catch" each other as my feet worked adjacent pedals. The soles of Costco sneakers flare wide immediately below the leather, which I guess is great for stability but really widens your footprint. I almost didn't stop in time behind a truck at a traffic signal because I pushed on the brake pedal and my foot wouldn't go down any farther - it was hung up on my clutch shoe. Another time I pushed on the break and the engine started racing... I was pushing on the throttle too. This experience really hurt my confidence driving the new Lotus, as I had to really concentrate and "ease into" every pedal operation to make sure I wasn't catching on the leftmost dead pedal area, or the other shoe, or the throttle. However, I'm happy to report that when I got home I switched to some Nike Air Huarache shoes that I use when officiating USA Swimming meets and that fixed everything. Their soles are over half an inch narrower than the Costco's, and the shoe interference all but disappeared. My confidence snapped back almost immediately. Yesterday's driving was SO much better, and today's driving session was "back to normal" with the focus on the overall experience and not obsessing about what my shoes were doing. Moral of the Story: Don't wear overwide shoes with a Lotus!

4) One of the gaskets around the passenger side rear quarter window isn't adhered to the glass/body properly. You can see through to the body panel underneath. Rain and wash water will definitely get in there. I will probably fix that myself since I don't want to wait until the next dealer visit (700 mile round trip).

5) If it rains, you need to wipe away most of the water drops on the engine hatch before opening it. Otherwise all that water just POURS through the vents and straight onto the engine when you lift the hatch. Happened the morning I took it in for the 1K break-in service... it had rained in the Seattle area (surprise!) and when I opened the hatch....

6) As delivered, it was sometimes difficult to push the shifter into 1st. The Tech said that was commonplace and he adjusted it, which indeed helped quite a bit. My fix was and is to pull it back into 2nd, which seems to align things, and then push it forward into 1st. This is a 100% reliable solution, and the Tech said it's the recommended approach. Like I said, it's a lot better after the Tech tweaked it a bit and is rare enough now that I don't worry about it, but thought I'd document it here. This may also get better with time as things wear in a bit.

7) The story goes that the Evora was designed to accommodate folks up to 6'5". Let me tell you, that comes at the expense of those of us with short inseams! I have the waist-to-head height of a six-footer but just a 28" inseam. My short legs are great for getting into whitewater kayaks but in the Evora GT I have to adjust the driver's seat 100% forward to the very last stop in order to properly reach the pedals. Once in that position, it's extraordinarily difficult to reach the window switches and the left armrest is completely behind me, effectively useless. Not a huge problem but I'm sure glad the steering wheel retracts into the dash as far as it does because otherwise I could not drive this car. I was reminded of the little kid in the second Indiana Jones movie who had the blocks of wood tied to his shoes. It sure would be nicer to sit back a bit more.

8) Some reviews complain about the Alpine head unit but I think it's perfect. Has every feature necessary plus many I'll never care about, yet if desired you can completely ignore it and just drive the car. It's truly an accessory, not so tightly integrated into the vehicle's operation that you feel like you're using a laptop while driving. I'm GLAD it's not a "custom stereo" and that I have the option of swapping in something else into the double-DIN opening. And once you EQ the system properly, it sounds great; the factory subwoofer does a fine job with the lows and the mids and highs have quite reasonable definition for an automotive sound system. I have a lot of experience with high end audio, folks need to have realistic expectations. Are there better systems? Sure, but what were you buying... a sound system, or an automobile?

9) What's the deal with the key fob and the locks?!? I still haven't figured out the magic formulas. Press the center button once and the driver door unlocks. Press it a second time within a few seconds and the passenger door unlocks. But wait too long and that second button press does nothing. Ditto for the dash lock button! How are you supposed to unlock the passenger door "after a while"? The only two ways I've found are reach across and manually pull on the handle, or relock everything and then unlock both fast enough. I would have expected that dash lock button to work all the time, no matter what, but it seems to be on some sort of timeout system like the fob.

10) Having to press the center button an extra time to disable the engine immobilizer, even though you just pressed it to unlock at least one door AND have the key in the switch AND turned, just seems silly. Yeah, I suppose it's a theft deterrent but honestly if a thief is already physically inside the car it's probably not going to end well anyway.

Most important: Driving this Evora GT is a BLAST! I'm still integrating with its cockpit experience, but every time I get in it feels more natural. I did not know that I had an identical twin brother who lives in Hethel and works for Lotus but other than the seat positioning this car might have been custom fitted specifically to me. We have other cars we've owned and driven for many years that I still have to consciously think "Where is that switch, again?" But already in the Lotus things are just where they belong. My fingers naturally go there without thinking. That's what I mean by "integrating" with the cockpit. Like a good piece of test equipment, proper integration means you stop thinking about the tool and think/reach through it to whatever you're actually doing. The tool becomes a seamless extension of your mind. That's how I feel when I'm doing R&D on the bench, and I'm already well down that curve on the Evora GT.

Comments and suggestions on the above points would be greatly appreciated. I have a lot to learn and really like how helpful folks are on this forum. I'm very happy to finally be a member of the Lotus community!

·
Premium Member
227 Posts
Congratulations! Absolutely gorgeous car! I hope you enjoy it for many years to come.

I think if you search the Evora threads, you will find answers for many if not all of your observations.

On fit, I'm also long waisted with short legs. They built the sidewalks too close to my ass... I have to move the seat up quite a bit in my Elise.

On shoes: Puma sells some really nice driving shoes, either lace up or loafers. They tend to run small, but they are shaped to narrow your feet along with a rounded rocker heel. I wear a size ten but found the size eleven "Speedcat" or "drift cat" fit perfect. The soles are flexible so your right foot can curl around the brake pedal for heel/toe. Men's Motorsport Shoes | PUMA. I have worn out two pairs of these Amazon.com | PUMA Men's Vedano Leather Slip-On Shoe | Loafers & Slip-Ons driving my 67 Elan. If you think the Evora's pedals are tight.....

There's also some great leather slip on style shoes available from other makers that don't look like sneakers.

I think you live in one of the loveliest places on earth... Enjoy the "B" roads.

Best regards,
Dan Wise

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh yeah, forgot a couple of interior shots. You wouldn't believe the positive comments we've received on this interior, and how it works with the exterior color.

This shot isn't of OUR car, but it's the same interior so you can see the white Lotus embroidery on the headrests. It nicely complements the white stitching. The whole interior package is just stunning.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
11) The air conditioning is amazing. It was 101F outside according to the Lotus thermometer yet I had the fan on the lowest setting, the vents all directed away from me, the airflow split between body and footwells, AND was mixing in some heat because I was getting chilled. However, without the AC running, it can get warm in the cockpit. I suspect the engine bay is dumping some heat forward into the passenger compartment, or the ductwork runs past something warm (or both). The non-refrigerated air coming out of the vents is always warmer than if you open the windows. My one complaint about the AC is that I believe the compressor clutch kicks out when the engine is idling. Long ago we had a Toyota that did that (by design) and at traffic signals the air would get warm and musty because the refrigeration would stop. As soon as you brought the engine above idle the air would go cool again. At the time Toyota claimed this was to keep the engine RPM's from lugging when idling with the AC on, but modern ECU engines should be able to accommodate the extra load at idle. It's just a strong coincidence that this is another Toyota drivetrain, undoubtedly equipped with Toyota AC, and it behaves exactly the same way. Anyone know if this is true?

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
12) There is a white-with-blue-stripes panel to the right of the accelerator pedal. This is undoubtedly a wear point for the right shoe. However, that striped material looks very much like that "protective mylar" you often find on various plastic surfaces, LCD displays, etc. which you're supposed to remove when the device is put into service. I haven't gotten down there to check it out yet, but it's so obvious that someone else even mentioned it... "Why haven't you removed the protective sheeting?" I'll probably leave it there as an extra protective layer, but I'm wondering if this is an oversight or intentional.

·
Illegal Alien
4,897 Posts
Here are some early observations of a brand-new owner of a brand-new Evora GT.

1) The transmission has a rattling, sort-of grinding noise just off the line until about 10 MPH. True in 1st or 2nd gear. ...
They do may a variety of sounds, never heard of a fatal one, but just keep an ear to it.

2) There is a resonance, I want to describe it as a "hooning" sound, that occurs at 2900 through 3000 RPM. It's not abrupt - it fades in around 2900 and fades away around 3000. Naturally, I couldn't make it happen during the Tech drive at the dealer so it may be temperature related, but every passenger notices it because it fills the passenger compartment. Occurs in any gear, clutch in or out, at any speed from 0-75+ MPH, etc. so it appears to be driven solely by engine RPM. I suspect it's the supercharger but its frequency (pitch) does not vary within its 100 RPM range so it's probably an airway resonance and not a bearing or other mechanical part. The way I drive, the engine spends a fair amount of time right in this RPM range so the sound is quite annoying.
Have you toggled exhaust bypass on and off? Also lay behind car and listen, some cars have either a rattling bypass valve or a loose muffler baffle, at least in 2011-2012 ..

3) SHOES!!! This car has the closest pedal spacing I've ever personally owned. During the ~...; I constantly had the soles "catch" each other as my feet worked adjacent pedals. ... However, I'm happy to report that when I got home I switched to some Nike Air Huarache shoes that I use when officiating USA Swimming meets and that fixed everything. ... Moral of the Story: Don't wear overwide shoes with a Lotus!
I have rather very wide feet, but fortunately not big (size 10). I am careful which shoes I drive in. Ill look into the Huarache was my Europa definitely does qualify for the closest pedal spacing. I can push 3 pedals with one foot, now if I could only accept barefoot driving and learn to curl my foot from side to side, why I could drive with one foot.

5) If it rains, you need to wipe away most of the water drops on the engine hatch before opening it. Otherwise all that water just POURS through the vents and straight onto the engine when you lift the hatch. Happened the morning I took it in for the 1K break-in service... it had rained in the Seattle area (surprise!) and when I opened the hatch....
I wounding worry about the water ingress, I have a louvered hatch, it gets wet and it drys.

6) As delivered, it was sometimes difficult to push the shifter into 1st. The Tech said that was commonplace and he adjusted it, which indeed helped quite a bit. My fix was and is to pull it back into 2nd, which seems to align things, and then push it forward into 1st. This is a 100% reliable solution, and the Tech said it's the recommended approach. Like I said, it's a lot better after the Tech tweaked it a bit and is rare enough now that I don't worry about it, but thought I'd document it here. This may also get better with time as things wear in a bit.
This can be tuned to be smooth as click-click butter. Nothing better (or rarer) than a perfectly setup cross gate adjustment.

7) The story goes that the Evora was designed to accommodate folks up to 6'5". Let me tell you, that comes at the expense of those of us with short inseams! I have the waist-to-head height of a six-footer but just a 28" inseam. My short legs are great for getting into whitewater kayaks but in the Evora GT I have to adjust the driver's seat 100% forward to the very last stop in order to properly reach the pedals. Once in that position, it's extraordinarily difficult to reach the window switches and the left armrest is completely behind me, effectively useless. Not a huge problem but I'm sure glad the steering wheel retracts into the dash as far as it does because otherwise I could not drive this car. I was reminded of the little kid in the second Indiana Jones movie who had the blocks of wood tied to his shoes. It sure would be nicer to sit back a bit more.
Mike Kimberly was the CEO at the time of development and is a tall man; however, I understand we can be of many proportions within a number. I must have seat back to get in and most of teh way forward to drive. Their are some optional pedal covers in the Lotus catalog, I believe these screw onto god the existing, and maybe the aftermarket has some too. As they say every millimeter can help.

Are there better systems? Sure, but what were you buying... a sound system, or an automobile?
Agree. I also like that it is standard aftermarket compatible stuff, no custom ohm amp system that requires you to change everything just for the sake of wanting to do a minor speaker upgrade.

10) Having to press the center button an extra time to disable the engine immobilizer, even though you just pressed it to unlock at least one door AND have the key in the switch AND turned, just seems silly. Yeah, I suppose it's a theft deterrent but honestly if a thief is already physically inside the car it's probably not going to end well anyway.

That extra push is only if you waited past the (short) time window.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Have you toggled exhaust bypass on and off? Also lay behind car and listen, some cars have either a rattling bypass valve or a loose muffler baffle, at least in 2011-2012
Yes, that was one of my first tests. Exhaust bypass has no effect. I have not listened for a rattling sound, but this isn't a rattle. It's a smooth resonance, with no "transient" component to it at all. That's why I suspect it's acoustic and related to the supercharger. It may not be "broken" in the strictest sense but I can't imagine anyone putting up with it for very long. It's like someone holding a low note on a flute right in your ear.

·
Registered
552 Posts
The “agricultural“ sound in 1st and 2nd gear at low rpm is a TADTS (they all do that, sir)—nothing to worry about, just something to put up with. Never experienced the resonance you describe at 2900rpm in any of the 3 Evoras I’ve owned. the weatherstripping around my driver side door has started doing the same thing you describe—pulling away from the vertical body panel on the latch side. I’ve been meaning to use some 3M rubber glue to adhere it, but haven’t gotten around to it. If you hare having fun with the fob now, just wait until you try to open the trunk with it. Good times. I usually give up and use the button in the cabin. If I need to open the passenger door lock while inside the cabin, I either press the lock button on the dashboard twice or if that doesn’t work, just double press the fob even while the engine is running.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
The “agricultural“ sound in 1st and 2nd gear at low rpm is a TADTS (they all do that, sir)—nothing to worry about, just something to put up with.
That's the impression I'm getting, but odd that the 2017 Evoras we drove didn't do it. The manual transmissions didn't change from 2017 to now, did they?

The weatherstripping around my driver side door has started doing the same thing you describe—pulling away from the vertical body panel on the latch side. I’ve been meaning to use some 3M rubber glue to adhere it, but haven’t gotten around to it.
I'll post a photo tomorrow. I think I'll take a shot at correcting it with some cyanoacrylate adhesive ("superglue")... I have some professional grade stuff that is higher viscosity than the dollar store variety, it's easier to control where it goes and how far it spreads.

If I need to open the passenger door lock while inside the cabin, I either press the lock button on the dashboard twice or if that doesn’t work, just double press the fob even while the engine is running.
I'll try the internal button again, but I remember trying the multiple press thing and having no luck with it. I suspect I just need to sit in the car and experiment for an hour or so to divine its secrets.

If you hare having fun with the fob now, just wait until you try to open the trunk with it. Good times. I usually give up and use the button in the cabin.
Funny you should mention that. The fob works PERFECTLY on the engine hatch for me. Two presses of that third button and the hatch opens right up. Hasn't failed yet and I was expecting a "challenge" since I've read about that being a bit testy. They have some funny timing on the solenoid that opens it - surprisingly long dwell time holding it open before relaxing the solenoid - but it works great for me. So far, at least.

Speaking of the boot, I'm thinking about replacing that little bulb back there with an LED equivalent. That sucker gets HOT. I pulled that rear plastic panel in which it's installed to investigate the body panel behind the taillights and in the process burned myself on that bulb and its fixture. I believe the bulb in the passenger compartment roof is that same style, and maybe the glove compartment too. These cars have enough quiescent current draw on the battery without using it to generate waste heat in the bulbs too.

EDIT: A quick search revealed plentiful sources for those "festoon" type bulbs in LED equivalents. Apparently there are several sizes, but fortunately the replacements have dimensional drawings so I'll just use calipers to match the measurements. Nice thing about the LED equivalents is they mount the LED's only on one side, so no wasted light/heat/current shining back into the rear of the roof/glovebox/boot wall. And no matter how intense the LED's, there's no way they will consume the same current or generate the same waste heat as the original incandescents. BTW, the manual says the license plate bulbs are festoons too so there's two more little heaters.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Yes, that was one of my first tests. Exhaust bypass has no effect. I have not listened for a rattling sound, but this isn't a rattle. It's a smooth resonance, with no "transient" component to it at all. That's why I suspect it's acoustic and related to the supercharger. It may not be "broken" in the strictest sense but I can't imagine anyone putting up with it for very long. It's like someone holding a low note on a flute right in your ear.
I would get in touch with your dealer regarding the issue. If it is supercharger related and needs replacement your new ride may be in the shop for a long time.

·
Loves to talk
996 Posts
I would get in touch with your dealer regarding the issue. If it is supercharger related and needs replacement your new ride may be in the shop for a long time.
If the supercharger fails, it will be replaced within a few days. They are manufactured and shipped from Edelbrock here in the states and are a relatively fast repair since access is easy and doesn't require clam or engine removal. There were some issues with a run of them in '17, but there have been very few if any failures I am aware of respecting this component in the last several years of manufacture. That doesn't rule out a problem in this case but in the past, the seal that was the cause didn't announce itself by making noise. It just gave up the ghost. Oil spray coming from the supercharger was the telltale of the original issue.

The 17s do indeed have a bit of gear whine, most obvious in first gear on trailing throttle. The noise results from the fact that the transmission has an extra gear set to account for the fact it is mounted transversally as opposed to inline with the motor. The transmission in the Evora was originally designed to operate in an inline layout so this modification is required to allow it to be used transversally. The noise is not always easy to hear because it is at relatively low level and usually obvious only under light or trailing throttle in first or second gear. How much you will hear the whine is highly dependent on load and engine revs but you will probably notice it if you're creeping in traffic.

You figure out how to use the key eventually and it becomes a non event but (especially) opening the trunk requires that you know the secret handshake which demands a bit of timing (and a second push) to get down pat. These cars are quirky but solid. An oddity of my particular car is that the key has almost no range. Remote opening requires that I be within a few feet of the car if the fob is to be recognized.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Perhaps.Under warranty, my SC on '17 400 was replaced (at Florida dealer) in 3 days; part is by Edelbrock, made in California and apparently available.......
ID.
Also have noted "heat cycling" with AC as ID noted; did not relate to idling/stopped, but will pay closer attention; any others note same issue?????
Also, my '17 has similar resonance but appears to be speed related and accentuated/decreased depending on road surface ( tread/tire related?).

·
Registered
867 Posts
Speaking of the boot, I'm thinking about replacing that little bulb back there with an LED equivalent. That sucker gets HOT. I pulled that rear plastic panel in which it's installed to investigate the body panel behind the taillights and in the process burned myself on that bulb and its fixture. I believe the bulb in the passenger compartment roof is that same style, and maybe the glove compartment too. These cars have enough quiescent current draw on the battery without using it to generate waste heat in the bulbs too.
Could you measure how far the rubber bungs extend? I always need to do 3 presses from the driver's side door to get the boot to unlatch. I've tried several adjustments of the length but no difference. You are one of the lucky ones.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The noise results from the fact that the transmission has an extra gear set to account for the fact it is mounted transversally as opposed to inline with the motor. The transmission in the Evora was originally designed to operate in an inline layout so this modification is required to allow it to be used transversally. The noise is not always easy to hear because it is at relatively low level and usually obvious only under light or trailing throttle in first or second gear. How much you will hear the whine is highly dependent on load and engine revs but you will probably notice it if you're creeping in traffic.
Hmm... the Lotus Tech did mention "the gears that Lotus put in this transmission" so you may be onto something there. However, one theory I have (and need to test) is that the noise only occurs when the transmission is under load, not light or trailing throttle as you suggest. When I did the test drive with the Lotus Tech the road was sloped such that accelerating from a dead stop really didn't require much engine power to be transferred through the transmission. I need to play around with it and see if I can replicate that after I have already heard the sound under "normal" conditions.

The noise vs. ground speed behavior has me baffled. This is a bit hard to describe, but the noise profile is roughly as follows:
  • At rest, clutch in: Utterly silent
  • At rest, clutch out: No change (I have driven cars where you can hear a difference when the clutch is engaged/disengaged)
  • Just off dead stop, barely rolling under engine power: Still silent
  • At perhaps 1 MPH: Noise kicks in abruptly
  • At around 5-10? MPH: Noise begins fading away with increasing speed
Sorry for being a bit imprecise, this is hard to "measure" with any accuracy. I'll go play with it soon and pay close attention to the sequence.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Also, my '17 has similar resonance but appears to be speed related and accentuated/decreased depending on road surface ( tread/tire related?).
Not tread/tire related, since I can cause the resonance at a dead stop by raising the engine RPM's to 2900-3000. Hard to hold the engine at a constant RPM with no load, but I have done it as a test to confirm it's engine related (and not further down the drivetrain).

1 - 20 of 149 Posts