The Lotus Cars Community banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was bound to happen, I suppose if you drive without a front plate it is simply an invitation to be pulled over.
But in my case I use the lack of a plate as a way to give the officer something to chew on and look the other way on the rest of the stuff.
A fair trade in my estimate.
So I am making some great time winding my way up the redwood highway,
when I see a small construction crew working on the road and a chp is pulled over watching them work. I am not speeding at this point because I sense his ka band, as soon as I pass him he swings out, full bubbles and bull horn, "Exit the freeway, pull over", I comply and fall into the tractor beam of the law.
The next sound I hear is my last name blaring over his radio.
He approaches the passenger side of the car with his hand on his gun,
I think here "Drive it like you stole it" may have been going through his mind.
He doesn't ask me "do you know why I pulled you over", he says " you know I pulled you over for a few reasons, I have been getting calls going back 80 miles about a car going XXX", I said "that couldn't be me because I left my house for a 300 mile trip and had allowed myself plenty of time to get to my destination ." I think wearing a nice suit and tie helps too, and being as polite as you can. So the guy says," Look, we got numerous calls you were speeding, you know I could take you to jail, but I didn't see it so I will just be writing you up for a front plate".He didn't even trip on the dual tips, or the loud pipes.
But he did say the word was out and to expect to be pulled over.
So I took his advice or threats and drove with caution, just like XX over the limit.
I never saw another chp on my side of the road in the next 100 miles.
Having learned my lesson I drove back on the same road the next day, with a little more caution, and for my caution the Lotus gods looked down on me with a blessing.

I had just passed a few cars before the merge and had the whole road ahead of me going into Richardson Grove, south bound on 101 in the redwood forest. The road goes to a two lane 40 mph control in the dense twisty forest, a couple of turns passed the bigfoot gift shop, I see the unexpected truck on its side in the middle of the road, ROADBLOCK .
So the guy was ok, but his suv was blocking the road in a remote area of California.It took about an hour before the road was clear, and a few people with 4x4's went up a hill and around on my advice to cut down on the wait.
When the road opened the guys in the 4x4's had a 30 min. head start. The back up was about 2 miles long and once I got around a logging truck, I was out front and knew a few things, like there were no chp's around because they were all at the accident, there were no cars ahead of me on this nice 2 lane, high speed, downhill, divided road. It was an "I am Legend" moment for sure.
But not just a moment more like 80 miles of clear road.
So I caught up to the 4x4's in about 50 miles and figured I still had the time
between the accident and the 4x4's leaving so another stretch of 30 miles were there for the taking. Needless to say, grins o' plenty.

How many would be tempted to take advantage of this poor lonely road ?

I feel bad for the guy who was talking on his cell phone while driving through a narrow twisty road not paying attention. But he provided the lemons for a tall glass of lemonaid.
Driving on a closed road knowing you cannot be caught and ticketed
for going as fast as you feel is safe.
Now I know what it feels like to be a chp or Willie Brown or the Govenator.

Attachments

·
Banned
3,227 Posts
Damn read all that for nothing.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks like something to me or you would have not taken the energy to be so negative about my post.:wave:

·
Registered
828 Posts
Relax. Anyone that has 3000 posts in less that a year of being here really doesn't have all that much to say. Look on the bright side, you good be his or her neighbor.

Good morning! Hi, your sprinklers look stupid.

Don't you feel better?

·
Banned
3,227 Posts
Relax. Anyone that has 3000 posts in less that a year of being here really doesn't have all that much to say. Look on the bright side, you good be his or her neighbor.

Good morning! Hi, your sprinklers look stupid.

Don't you feel better?
You just don't like me, because as an 06 Exige owner, you can't take the heat. Your toybox wheels and mirrors are PIMP YOrotflrotflrotfl

·
Banned
3,227 Posts
Thanks for stalking my posts, faggot.
Personal insults about my car? How are the mods gonna handle this one?
I said the wheels were PIMP. Whereas, you called me a "faggot." Interesting that you are complaining about "personal insults," and looking for the "mods."

I would be interested as well, now that you brought up the topic.:clap:

·
Banned
3,227 Posts
I guess we are entitled to our opinions. How about red elises are faggy?
You can attack my car all you want. I personally don't like it either. Interesting, are you scared of what the mods will do, now that I quoted your post above, where you called me a "faggot," and you can't edit it?

·
Registered
6,571 Posts
You two need to go get a room.

·
Registered
828 Posts
No. U make pointless posts. On average of about 10 a day.

I am not scared of the mods. When you call someones car a piece of ****, what do you expect? You will make people angry. Yes I think your a faggot.

·
Banned
3,227 Posts
No. U make pointless posts. On average of about 10 a day.

I am not scared of the mods. When you call someones car a piece of ****, what do you expect? You will make people angry. Yes I think your a faggot.
Thank you very much for your kind words. :clap::clap: People around here call Vettes and other cars POS all day. My personal opinion is the Exige NA is the bottom feeder of the Lotus group. You don't have to read my post, you can put me on ignore. Maybe better for your heart rate.

As far as what I expected, probably lot better from you, given we have a very good mutual friend in common. However, your true nature came through. It is the internet, after all ;)

Further in your spare time, try to learn the difference between "your" and "you are."

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
I feel like I accidentally entered a domestic violence dispute...and damn, I just wanted to read about a ticket! _slowing stepping back & quietly walking away_

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.