The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So had some time off, finally and finished up my first two mod's , thanks to the guys on the board who spend the time to post instructions very helpful.

Mod # 1

Very simple locking gas cap conversion total cost $7.00 not that I worry about anyone taking gas, just don't want anything extra in the tank-o-la.
See Pic. 1

Mod # 2

Thanks to a fellow board member (Jim) I purchased and installed a Stage II exhaust as well.

Pic. 2
Sized up exhaust.

Pic. 3
My Car

Pic. 4
Rear of car with factory exhaust.

Pic. 5
Rear of car with stage II.

Todd :nanner:

Attachments

·
Older but getting faster
524 Posts
I really like the look of the exhaust tips of your new Stage 2...nearly flush with the underpan. :drool:

Who makes the exhaust? How do you like the sound? :D

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Nice pictures!

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi guy's,

The exhaust is made by JanSpeed they turn up on here for sale sometimes, the tips on the new exhaust are a larger diameter but they do not extend as far as the factory ones. flush is about it.

On the pic's , the camera I have takes them at 2 MB per pic, I had to cut the quality way down to get them under the limits to load on this site, sure beats the old Kodac's...

My next mod will be a cold air induction set up , just researching now, don't want to cause the computer or check engine thingy any problems, so any advice out there ???

Todd :)

·
Older but getting faster
524 Posts
Hi guy's,

My next mod will be a cold air induction set up , just researching now, don't want to cause the computer or check engine thingy any problems, so any advice out there ???

Let me save you some research....all you need to do is remove the snorkel. That will give you a more aggressive intake growel (honk) and prevent the airbox from collecting road debris like an Electrolux. :eek:

Extensive objective testing by LotusTalk members (supported by dynomometer testing after the ECU has had time to adjust for the revised air flow) show that changing the intake yields no appreciable performance gain. :shrug:

·
German Reimport
2,953 Posts
Let me save you some research....all you need to do is remove the snorkel. That will give you a more aggressive intake growel (honk) and prevent the airbox from collecting road debris like an Electrolux. :eek:

Extensive objective testing by LotusTalk members (supported by dynomometer testing after the ECU has had time to adjust for the revised air flow) show that changing the intake yields no appreciable performance gain. :shrug:
+1

Pull that snorkel, enjoy the sound and save the money for a new intake for something else...:shift:

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi Guy's ,

Ok will research pulling snorkel on the uber posting and do that in the morning, I am off all day, will report back.

·
Older but getting faster
524 Posts
Dude - I just took a second look at your garage.

I hope those boards supporting your extension ladder hold or you'll be researching front clam replacement threads! :eek: :panic: :crazyeyes

To the car it kinda looks like "The Ladder of Damacles" :)

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi MoS,

Yep, thought the same thing when I first put it up there, but I keep an eye on it and I went into a kind of overkill on the fastners, there are three boards attached with lag bolts to the floor joists above so far no problems, that is actually my " barn " there is a hay loft above and horse stalls (empty thank god) to the left, I use it as a general work shop but my wife is taking over alot of it with her pottery/ceremics (that big chrome looking thingy on the left in one of the pics is a kiln) my actual garage is a four car attached to the house (full of cars) which I would rather work in but the Lotus was already stored in the barn so I did it there...lol

Here is some pic's of my garage attached to the house, I dont have any of the garage itself only of cars so you have to look in the background to get an idea. The garage is 1200 sq feet, I put in a cabinet and sink with a bookshelf above for repair manuals, I have a small fridge for beer/soft drinks (did have a old soda machine with beer/soda but it tanked up and was not worth repairing) That thing to the left of the sink is the water softner and the hotwater heater is behind it. I am going to race deck the place when I get the rest of the house projects done and put a four point lift or z-lift in place. Right now the floor is just poured concrete. And before you ask my wife picked the wall color of the garage and barn, not my first choice but it did not turn out that bad.

Todd :wave:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
You suck, Todd...

;)

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey what can I say, things are cheaper in Ga...........lol

ps...it was a big jump for me to buy a Lotus, but I like the little car reminds me of the old RS or RSR days when the boys in Zuffenhausen were doing the lightweight high power theme.

·
Registered
295 Posts
garagecar?

Is that a replicar or the real thing for the porsche sppedster? It looks amazing. How does it drive compared tot he Lotus? That car is the only car out there that interest me as much as my Exige does.

Dave

·
Registered
295 Posts
locking?

Oh, forgot to ask, can you post info on locking gas cap please, Thanks, Dave

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Awsome Garage and nice collection.

Next Mod: get rid of chrome turbo twists on mid yeal 911/930. Pretty Please!

·
Registered
188 Posts
Is that a replicar or the real thing for the porsche sppedster? It looks amazing. How does it drive compared tot he Lotus? That car is the only car out there that interest me as much as my Exige does.

Dave
That's actually a Porsche 550 Spyder, not a 356 speedster. Most likely a replica, I've never seen an original. Last original one at auction - $700K.

Beck makes the best replicas. Drives and looks as good as original. Handling can be good, depending on setup, the car can be scary fast too, since it is around 1400 lbs, and most get a Subaru 2.5L in there.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts