The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, the 'Delivery' and 'Price Increase' threads have died down, and I'm ready for some more info to keep my gears turning (and keep me motivated until my car arrives!).

I read about some of the first mods you guys have done, ie. cable-tied wires and painted engine parts. Really exciting stuff!!!:rolleyes:

Anyway, has anyone done anything more significant? Changed tires/wheels? deleted radio/A.C.? Designed a tow hitch? Designed a glove box door for the space next to the radio? Added stripes (or at least gotten a price quote)? Max

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Yes....tow hitch. This enables me to pull my necessities instead of affecting the precious weight distribution of my beloved Elise. You'd be surprised how pulling my girlfriend behind me in a trailer enables my LSS perform to it's maximum performance. :D

·
Registered
549 Posts
Sigh>>>

maxxfish said:
Well, the 'Delivery' and 'Price Increase' threads have died down, and I'm ready for some more info to keep my gears turning (and keep me motivated until my car arrives!).

I read about some of the first mods you guys have done, ie. cable-tied wires and painted engine parts. Really exciting stuff!!!:rolleyes:

Anyway, has anyone done anything more significant? Changed tires/wheels? deleted radio/A.C.? Designed a tow hitch? Designed a glove box door for the space next to the radio? Added stripes (or at least gotten a price quote)? Max
We just got the damn car so guess we are not quite into big mods beyond fiddling a bit yet so please no more :rolleyes: about the same stuff...although the idea of the trailer is intriguing...now that desires a two :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
i'm glad someone started this thread! I've been hard at work on my Elise and wasn't sure how to introduce it to my fellow elisetalkers. I haven't taken any pics but here's what I've done!

1) Cut the exhaust right off. I attached some flexy pipe to the manifold and just piped those bad boys right out the 2 center break lights. Threw the break lights in the trash. How many do ya need really? By the way, it sounds awesome!!! At idle you can't hear the radio on full volume so I pulled it out (see step 2). Ill admit the car lost some low end with this mod but now people can hear me coming a mile away and thats what I was going for!

2) Pulled the radio! In it's place I put a Blitz turbo controller. It lights up and displays all these cool graphs! Not sure what they mean.

3) I cut the dash in front of the passenger and glued a small tv monitor. With all my other cool ideas I didn't really finish this part yet. (later, maybe)

4) Cow seat covers! With the lack of padding I really thought this would make the car more comfortable for cruising up and down main street. They match my fuzzy dice perfectly!!!

5) Neon lighting. Yeah baby! This stuff glows and everybody knows whos big pimpin. The undertray was a real pain to take off but the neon wouldn't work with it in place. I have no idea why they put this under the car anyway.

6) Painted the brakes. I didn't have the time to tape anything off so I just nailed it with yellow. (matches the neon perfect!)

6) Since I was at pep boys I picked up some "rally" mirrors for the upper a pillars. I wanted that ferrari look but I ended up leaving the stock mirrors too! No blind spots and the car now has that exotic look. tight!

7) Yellow window tint! When I got done I cut some lightning bolts in the side windows and made custom red lightning bolts to fill the missing yellow cutouts! This looks so tight on Aztec Bronze!!!

8) I splurged and bought some SSR wheels from tire rack!!! Before I picked up the super low pro tires (h rated) (lubed up and shining) I spray painted the wheels yellow. I thought this might be too much yellow but all the ladys seem to like it. I've bagged a ton of unwed muthas since this mod! SWEET!

9) Last but not least, I put a full sized european license plate on the front! Man, the thing looks huge! I got the local mall license plate dude to make me one that says, "SO LO 69" in reverse so people can only read it in their mirrors! I screwed it right below the Lotus emblem and plan on putting a second one where the little license goes at the bottom. I need some ideas on what to get tho.

As a customizer I feel that these "mods" have made my car better then all the other Elises out there. It sounds good, looks good, and all the 16 year old single mutthas turn their heads when I cruise by.
---
this rant is intended for entertainment purposes only. If someone would like to photoshop this car and post it thats fine but Im not posting any pics cuz I don't want all you wanna be customizers copying my shiznit.

peace im out yo,
ALI D

p.s. here'z my first project. Check it!

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/11/web/467000-467999/467861_39_full.jpg

1 - 4 of 4 Posts