The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
7,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
First N.E. Meeting.

Ivan1 has graciously offered his lake house for a BBQ this October. So October 3rd @ 2:00p.m. we will convene our first "official" meeting at his place in Ct. I'll post the address and directions in short order. Please RSVP to me by PM or e-mail so I can make sure we have food for everyone. I'd like to hear from everyone by the Thursday before.

Robert

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Will there be sharks with frickin' laser beams? I believe everyone deserves a warm meal.:clap:

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
Re: First N.E. Meeting.

wallabyguy said:
Ivan1 has graciously offered his lake house for a BBQ this October.

Robert
just wanted to clarify - we will NOT be setting fire to the lakehouse itself (I hope):D

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Can I bring my Deep Purple 8 tracks? Dun, dun, dun.... Dun Dun da dun.

·
Registered
387 Posts
I hope I have my car by then.

Bill ... you listening?

Steve

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
I also wanted to point out that this get-together is NOT affiliated with club111.com - we'll have to arrange that event at a later date:D

·
Registered
442 Posts
Nuts. Sounds like fun, but I'll be out o' town . . . hopefully many of you will have your cars by then.

HEY - what happened to karting???

·
Registered
592 Posts
I'm interested but Oct 3rd is a little beyond my event horizon for now. I am about to head out for a much needed 2 week vacation and then off to Japan mid-Sept. Should be back in country by then.

How many Elises will actually show up. Not likely to have mine by then :mad: (#22 at HRM)

·
Registered
7,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My car will be there. I think at least one other.

AUS4,

I have now requested brochures from both outlets twice with no response. I even talked to a girl from the F1 place in Boston. It's fustraiting to say the least.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Robert,

If I can make the time this weekend, I'll try to get down to the Boston F1 facility and get details on the outdoor track firsthand - pricing, availability, karts and amount of tracktime. How many folks responded saying that they were interested?

-Al

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
since my car is in port I should have it as well...Maybe we can convince Mark Starr to come and bring his 340R or exige....

·
Registered
7,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Here's the details guys/gals:

It's a BBQ and Club/Etalk meet and greet!

October 3rd, 2:00 p.m.

at Cory Singer's Lake House in Sherman, CT.

Contact me for more info by PM or email ([email protected]) or by phone at (215) 934-7757. If you intend to come, please bring something (food like) to share. If you need suggestions, I will be keeping track and can help give guidance. Wives/Husbands, Girl/boyfriends, etc. are welcome.

There should be at least a couple Elise there. We plan this to be a laid back event but we will be talking about upcoming events for the regional group during the next year. For those of you who haven't joined yet, we will have forms there for you to do that if you choose. YOU DON'T NEED TO BE A CLUB111 MEMBER TO COME! There are some great roads nearby and a drive is not out of the question if enough cars show. If you intend to make a weekend out of it, check out bandb.com for some great local places that will give you a feel for the area. Also, Lime Rock is close by for those interested in things to do and see.

If you're coming, please RSVP no later than September 29th so I can make sure there is enough food and such for everyone.

Hope to see everyone there!

Robert Konick
Club111 N.E. Coordinator

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
P.S. feel free to bring bathing suits (or not;) ) weather permitting....

·
Registered
7,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I've only heard from a few of you. I need to have final numbers in about 2 weeks so please get in touch. I also have contacted Mark Starr and he is able to get some of our cars in for Lime Rock in November. I need to hear from you if you're interested in particpating as a Group.

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
For those of you not familiar with the area, it is near Danbury CT, about 1 hr 20 minutes from Manhattan...Hopefully the fall foliage will be colorful, making for a scenic drive...

Attachments

·
Registered
7,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Just to sweeten the deal guys and gals, our host is providing a "full spread" so no need to figure our the tuperware capacity of your elise. We will also be having the company of some dealers who will be on hand to talk to us and discuss future events.

·
Registered
7,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Regional Lotus LTD charters have jumped on and will be attending. So now there will be more eye candy than just Elise for attendees

1 - 20 of 63 Posts