The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been checking out this site for a few months, and decided to purhcase a Evora. Thank you all whom have posted here about this car. It is truely an amazing sports car. Picked mine up at Lotus of San Francisco. Have most options avalible. Here is a pic of the car and me on the showroom floor.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,088 Posts
Nice picture. Special day. Enjoy!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Congrats. I am in the Bay Area as well and just took delivery of an Aspen White MY2012 Evora S with gloss black wheels. Killer car. Hoping to get many enjoyable miles out of it. Up in Marin. So, it should be fun. Enjoy

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Congrats. You have the 'big red bow' mod. I just did that to my car with parts sourced from Carbon One John. Full dry carbon. Weights .0001171837 oz. less than my Hobby Lobby sourced red bow!

Just trying to get you hip on the inevitable 'weight loss' mojo that is endemic of LT!

Welcome!

Great color. Not a huge fan of Titanium Silver on the Elige, but I love it on the Evora.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
I have been checking out this site for a few months, and decided to purhcase a Evora. Thank you all whom have posted here about this car. It is truely an amazing sports car. Picked mine up at Lotus of San Francisco. Have most options avalible. Here is a pic of the car and me on the showroom floor.
Congratulations, looks beautiful. More details please, year, opions, and more photos.
Ron:clap:

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Congrats and Happy Motoring!
I also got my Evora at BMC in SF a few years ago, and enjoy it more each day (if that's possible)!

You (and Kmo) should check out the busy calendar for the Golden Gate Lotus Club
GOLDEN GATE LOTUS CLUB - Events Calendar

We have lots of fun events coming up in July and August that you might be interested in, including a breakfast gathering at Los Gatos Luxury Cars followed by a casual drive in the Santa Cruz area on July 21 and the Monterey Historics weekend coming up in August where the club will have a reserved parking area (if you get your ticket order in before Jun 25 :)).
PM me if you have any other questions.

·
Disciple of Chapman
1,620 Posts
Is that Titanium? Love that color. Almost went for titanium when I bought mine.
More details please.
good choice:clap:

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Congrats and Happy Motoring!
I also got my Evora at BMC in SF a few years ago, and enjoy it more each day (if that's possible)!

You (and Kmo) should check out the busy calendar for the Golden Gate Lotus Club
GOLDEN GATE LOTUS CLUB - Events Calendar

We have lots of fun events coming up in July and August that you might be interested in, including a breakfast gathering at Los Gatos Luxury Cars followed by a casual drive in the Santa Cruz area on July 21 and the Monterey Historics weekend coming up in August where the club will have a reserved parking area (if you get your ticket order in before Jun 25 :)).
PM me if you have any other questions.
+1 for GGLC Great group

·
Premium Member
6,602 Posts
Welcome and may you lighten the car more than the payments lighten your wallet!!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Congratulations. It's a great color. I'd be interested to know what other cars (if any!) you considered, and what made you finally do it.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
my first post

Thank you all for a warm welcome! I have had the car for a couple of weeks, it has the sports pack, teck pack, luxurly pack, Titanium paint, and clear bra. It is a 2011 and I bought it used with only 283 miles on her! I was able to get 19k off of sticker, so I am very happy about that.

I cross shopped at a lot of cars. For me, the sports car I was going to get had to accommodate a weekend getaway, including 2 sets of clubs. Yes, I get 2 sets in the trunk of the Evora. Other cars worth considering were Cayman S, 911S, and Aston Martin V8 Vantage. All have thier strengths and weaknesses. I am very happpy with my choice.

Thanks for the invite to drive down the Santa Cruz coast. Can't go then, but I will certainly look into this again for the next event.

·
6.94915254 lbs/hp
1,731 Posts
Congrats. You have the 'big red bow' mod. I just did that to my car with parts sourced from Carbon One John. Full dry carbon. Weights .0001171837 oz. less than my Hobby Lobby sourced red bow!

Just trying to get you hip on the inevitable 'weight loss' mojo that is endemic of LT!

Welcome!

Great color. Not a huge fan of Titanium Silver on the Elige, but I love it on the Evora.
So that's really how you feel about my car huh Jeff! :(

Congrats on the Evora! I'm sure you will love it!

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
So that's really how you feel about my car huh Jeff! :(

Congrats on the Evora! I'm sure you will love it!
I just like the skittles colors better!

That being said, I don't like black on an Elise at all but love it on an Exige!

By comparison, I don't think the skittles colors work well on the Evora, but titanium, black, article white - dead sexy!

BTW - saw a pearl white McLaren in my hood yesterday. Looked great in that color! Not as good as John's volcano orange but very nice!

·
Premium Member
2,246 Posts
Congrats X-ray! Man, I'm really excited for you. So often I find myself daydreaming about the day I get to go to the dealership and pick mine up. It's a ways away though, but in the meantime the lust for the Evora continues to build.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts