The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey Anyone out there as late as me to put down a deposit?

Hello Everyone,

Just wanted to say Hello. This is my first post. I have been dreaming of getting my hands on an Elise since 1996. Finially convinced my wife on October 25, 2004 to let me put a deposit down with Graham at SVAG. To my dismay, my delivery date is not until July 06. So sad... but oh well whats another year and a half +..
:) .

·
shay2nak
25,130 Posts
Hi and welcome to the insanity that is Elisetalk. :p

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Welcome. Check out the For Sale section or call around to dealers, such as Hunting Ridge Motors (read some old threads to get a sense of dealer behavior). There are cars to be had now for little or no premium if you aren't that fussy about the specs. Or you can wait a bit, as even more will be changing hands as more cars arrive. Consider a road trip to pick up the car - doesn't matter where you buy it, the closest dealer to you can still service it.

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
If you want your car soon, then I wouldn't hesistate to look around as jml suggests. The premiums are coming down every week and I'm sure you can find a new or slightly used example for close to MSRP money with specifications you like pretty soon.

Then again, July '06 seems highly pessimestic. Something will definitely be available off the lot before then. :up:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts