The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting ready to give our twelve year old daughter her first ride to school in the new Exige. I think I'm more excited than she is! :)

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Can anyone figure out almost thirteen year old daughters? She decided that it would get to much attention and it would be better to take the SL2 :shrug:

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Go figure?

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
I'm getting ready to give our twelve year old daughter her first ride to school in the new Exige. I think I'm more excited than she is! :)
I know what you mean! I finally got my airbag switch installed, and took my 5-year-old son to pre-school on his birthday this year- He was smiling ear to ear when he got out of the car, and his teacher about had a fit-

There's nothing more fun than driving my boys around in my hot rods!

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
My daughter was 13 when I got my first elise...at first she didnt like it, until I drove her a few times and she saw the teenage boys going nuts over the car:D

·
Registered
361 Posts
my little brothers love being carted around in it to baseball or whatever, they are 12 and 10

·
Registered
27 Posts
My daughter didn't particularly like the Elise until she got to drive it. I let her take it to her last day at school last week and she loved it. Apparently got quite the crowd in the parking lot as she was leaving too :)

·
Registered
7,088 Posts
My dad had several car dealerships, so we never knew what we might be picked up in. Might be the Hemi orange Coronet wagon with hood scoop, or could be a decrepid tradein. We never knew whether to wait up front to be seen, or slink at the back to avoid being seen!

First time I took my 10 year old to school in the Lotus I expected him to love it. After about 100 feet he said: "Is this thing safe? I can't see out well, and there is little room for stuff." Alas, my son and my Dad have better sense than me, again!

·
Registered
584 Posts
I got dropped off, but my parents never came back.......:D

Seriously, that would be the coolest for BOTH of you!

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
To this day I still remember the time my dad picked me up at school on his motorcycle. Was 3rd grade I think. Was the coolest kid around for the next week. :D

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
To this day I still remember the time my dad picked me up at school on his motorcycle. Was 3rd grade I think. Was the coolest kid around for the next week. :D
My 7 yrs old son does not like the attention he gets when I drop off/pick up with my motorcycle or Lotus :(.

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
There is a "haterade" effect I'm sure that could extend from the kids up through to the teachers/staff as well.

It's too much of a mixed bag to know for sure what could result, but if the "weirdest comment" thread is any indication, I'd think many kids would opt out. (Luckily for me I wasn't one of the "many" :D )

·
Registered
693 Posts
Bottom line is she's 13....

Being seen with car = cool
Being seen with parents = not cool

Car = attention
Attention = cool
Car + Parents = negative attention
Negative attention = not cool

Parents that think they are cool because they drive an attention getting car = not cool

13 year old concludes.... if equation includes Parent.....don't draw attention.

·
Registered
112 Posts

Car = attention
Attention = cool

Parents that think they are cool because they drive an attention getting car = not cool

Thanks for dumbing it down for me...:D

·
Registered
4,240 Posts

Car = attention
Attention = cool

^ LOL

I drop my sister off at school on my m6 whenever i'm home. I get a bunch of entusiast dads and their kids looking. My sister likes it...:shrug:

·
Registered
952 Posts
Yesterday I dropped the kid off at preschool in the Lotus and my wife picked him up in the Porsche. Spoiled little bastard...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts