Just got back from driving the Elise to Ormond Beach, Fl from metro Atlanta. About 450 miles each way. No exciting roads, just an exciting car. I'm very pleased with the car. It went great.
- I had thought the A/C was good up here in Ga but found after a few hours of it at full tilt that it just could not keep up. I just reviewed the posts (thanks SirLotus) on issues and realized that the Evap froze up. I cycled between running A/C then windows open every other hour to keep the A/C working. I didn't really care as I was enjoying it either way.
- The attention the car gets on the road is even more than I get locally. Cars would flying up and then sitting in my blind spot to take pictures. At every stop on the way, it drew attention. On the return trip, I followed someones advice here on Lotustalk and had a camera next to me - everytime someone pulled alongside to take a picture, I pulled up the camera to take their picture. Great results! Some laughed and the best reaction I got was someone hit their brakes to prevent my taking their picture, they didn't want a picture of their car taken (the irony as they were taking mine).
- I got all the usual questions and comments. My wife helped me out with some fun answers. One time when asked "How much does it cost?", I replied "I don't know, my wife bought it for me for my birthday". I cracked up when the guy's wife turned to him and said "Don't get any ideas!".
- We saw a red Evora on A1A in Ormond turning onto Neptune towards Oceanside Country Club as I was heading southbound. He flashed lights and I waved. If the driver is here on Lotustalk - I just want to say - Love your car and you were the only other Lotus I saw this week in over 1200 miles of driving.
- Did get a new squeaking noise from under the seats that happens when going over bumps, going to have to search the forum for info. No biggie.
- We cruised through Daytona Beach in the evenings looking for restaurants and it got a lot of attention! Kids on sidewalk actually yelling out. Not understated as you all know.
- What is the deal with Inifiniti G35 owners? Why do they all feel the need to race? The sedans are the worst. Second place goes to Hyaundi Tiberons (sp?).