The Lotus Cars Community banner
41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
I got my initial inspection done at the Victory Lotus dealership today in Summerset NJ. I've had the car about 2 months and put about 1200 miles on it.
Everything went well, with my initial.
The service tech said the Max RPM was 6600. I said that definitely was not me. Max speed was 118, I said that definitely was me in 6th ha ha.
I know I hit 5000 RPM a few times but nowhere near 6600
He said the 6600 was probably during a test drive and added that they can't tell when or at what mileage the RPM's occured. That seemed kind of strange to me. I would think Lotus would definitely want to know when the engine hits high RPM. If a car is abused during a test drive then sold, it shouldn't fall on the new owner.
I didn't get a copy of the download, its available but would have taken a lot of time.
Anyway, he said everything was good changed the oil and I am off to the races with a warranty! Damage for the initial there is $495.00

·
Registered
2021 Evora GT
2,483 Posts
Agree, I was quoted $295 and am going next week.

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
From Evora 400 workshop manual (I would assume it is also somehwere for the GT just like it was for the S1s):

"After Sales Service
To be performed by the selling dealer within 1,000 - 1,500 miles (1,500 - 2,500 km) or 12 months of vehicle sale, whichever first occurs. Dependant upon the market, if carried out by the selling dealer, there is no charge to the vehicle owner for the labour content of the After Sales Service. Only for materials used will a charge be made. Check with your dealer to confirm if your vehicle is valid for this offer. To maintain warranty validation, an Engine History and Performance Report print out via the Lotus TechCentre must be submitted to the Warranty Department."

Note: I colored in red and also bolded the relevant wording.
I took my 2017 400 to my 'local' dealer for my initial service knowing about the ECU data dump requirement in the manual. When I picked up my car the dealer told me they were having a problem with their system and couldn't perform the data dump. I freaked out a bit as didn't want my warranty voided so immediately send an email to Lotus USA. They confirmed in writing that not having the data dump performed would in no way impact my warranty coverage. Obviously kept that email safely tucked away. Since then had a few warranty items addressed with no issue but nothing addressed was mechanical (engine, trans, etc,). In some ways I would have loved to have had the scan performed as I bought it with 60 miles and despite assurances it wasn't abused and was just taken back and forth to an enthusiast event the dealer was sponsoring, you know...

·
Registered
2021 Evora GT
2,483 Posts
How does the decat "feel"?

·
Registered
2021 Evora GT
2,483 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
I got quoted $170 for the first oil change. I think some of the guys that got crazy high quotes is because the dealer is also a dealer for another make such as Lamborghini which then you’re paying Lambo shop rates. I bought a used Alfa 4C a while back and it was coming up for a bolt tightening which needed to be done every 2-3 years. Closer dealer to me was a Ferrari Maserati Alfa dealer and they wanted 2700 IIRC. Another dealer that was a Fiat Alfa dealer was less than a grand.

·
Vendor
1,359 Posts
Which extra clamp is needed? #5 or # 7. Only #7 is listed in the parts list.
Exhaust System. 2021 Lotus Evora | Lotus Parts (lotuscars.com)
The exhaust system pictured is the Euro version which doesnt have a "v-band" flange on the #2 Y pipe.
All US 400 and GT's have the special v-band flange which would need to be either cut off or #2 would need to be replaced with the euro version to get the catless euro #3 pipe to fit.
It's much easier to get a decat pipe from us!

·
Registered
2021 Evora GT
75 Posts
I got quoted $170 for the first oil change. I think some of the guys that got crazy high quotes is because the dealer is also a dealer for another make such as Lamborghini which then you’re paying Lambo shop rates. I bought a used Alfa 4C a while back and it was coming up for a bolt tightening which needed to be done every 2-3 years. Closer dealer to me was a Ferrari Maserati Alfa dealer and they wanted 2700 IIRC. Another dealer that was a Fiat Alfa dealer was less than a grand.
Surprisingly, the pricy quote was from a dealer that's also a VW/Chevy/Chrysler dealer.

·
Registered
2020 Evora GT in Formula Red, coordinated black+red interior, windowed engine hatch
744 Posts
I've heard that Toyota dealers are sometimes willing to service Lotus with Toyota drivetrains, but I bet they bump the cost due to removal of the underpanels and general overall unfamilarity.

·
Registered
2021 Evora GT
84 Posts
Yeeeep, I got raped….but I did get a free Lotus 70th anniversary poster 😎

·
Registered
07 Aspen White Exige S - MT
1,900 Posts
Doesn’t it say right in the book that the first service is done for warranty purposes to make sure engine break in was followed properly? Then other then that who cares where you take it as long as the service schedule is followed?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Awesome. Looking forward to seeing you around the Bay Area. Are you on any local Facebook groups?

Tom is a very nice guy.

I only know from that thread and a few others about the Lotus First Service. It was never a discussion during the sales process of picking up the car.
its funny I am buying the gt from boardwalk too, talked to Tom a lot and he is knowledgeable and pleasant to talk too. I live is AZ so no dealers here , not sure how all this will work out for me, I didnt know I had to get a mandatory service at 1000 miles, my closest dealer is in vegas

·
Administrator
8,356 Posts
its funny I am buying the gt from boardwalk too, talked to Tom a lot and he is knowledgeable and pleasant to talk too. I live is AZ so no dealers here , not sure how all this will work out for me, I didnt know I had to get a mandatory service at 1000 miles, my closest dealer is in vegas
You'll figure it out. There are several other members that were in same situation if you read thru the threads regarding first service. After that get an indie that you can trust or DIY and keep good records.

Reactions: James_M

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
I would use it as a perfect excuse to take the long way to Vegas that puts at least 800 miles on the car. Have it serviced, then open her up the rest of the way home.

·
Registered
56 Posts
That's how I felt when I didn't tighten the gas cap enough and got a check engine light. Tim from Victory Lotus said to bring it in right away and He would check it out.
I thought really? That's great! I get to drive it an hour!

·
Premium Member
1,774 Posts
The annual service performed at Lotus franchise is more than a oil change. They'll also do a brake fluid flush, inspection of whole car and few other things.

In locales where there are more than one Lotus franchise in driving distance; does the shop bill rate vary?

Would be neat if there were a matrix on this site of Lotus franchise shop bill rates. Be curious to see how it trends around the country or around the world.

41 - 59 of 59 Posts