The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Although I didn't buy my Elise from Newport European, I decided to take it there mainly because I wanted a Stage 2 exhaust......they had it in stock .....and I saw the nice job they did cutting PatrickO's diffuser plate.

The bad part is....it took me 5 1/2 hrs. r/t to drive approx 80 miles. Welcome to LA.

The great part is.....I don't have enough great things to say about everyone at this shop. I have never had anyone treat my car with such TLC and thoroughness. Don is the Lotus Technician....who was previously a Ferrari technicain....previously a fabricator.....with a background in track racing.

My diffuser is a work of art,Don did such a great job.(IMHO...much better that the original cut by Lotus). He is a special technician with great talent and skill and a great person with integrity.(not many with these qualities, these days) I strongly recommend anyone needing service to use Newport European....but not too many, or I won't be able to get mine in again.

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
Cool! I used to live in Pasadena. Can we meet up somewhere (Glendale, Pasadena) where I can check out your stage 2?
Thanks!!

Hey Lil' Bastard where have you been? Haven't seen you on here a couple weeks or something.
Ara

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Yep, Snaps for Don ! He's shown me some of his work - I'm convinced ! :clap:

So how do you like your Stage II ?

·
Registered
640 Posts
shay2nak said:
Cool! I used to live in Pasadena. Can we meet up somewhere (Glendale, Pasadena) where I can check out your stage 2?
Thanks!!

I'm also interested in hearing the Stage 2 'live' if you guys decide to hook up

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ya, we can hook up,no problem. Send me a PM and we'll figure out a good time. I love the stage 2,but it takes a little getting used to. It sounds mean! You can usually keep it rather tame sounding except when under a load.....or on the cam. Then you'll see animals and people running for cover. :D

BTW,I'd send pics but I don't have a working camera at the moment.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts