The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am picking my car up Friday & then driving it 600 miles home.

Is the first service (1000-1500 miles) normally provided free of charge by the dealer?

If I buy my car at one dealer & then take it to a 2nd dealer for the service will I be expected to pay for it?

·
Registered
3,871 Posts

Is the first service (1000-1500 miles) normally provided free of charge by the dealer?

If I buy my car at one dealer & then take it to a 2nd dealer for the service will I be expected to pay for it?
Not free.

·
Registered
6,651 Posts

Can't speak for the Evora, but I bought 2 Elise new and 1 Exige new and none had the first service free as a matter of Lotus policy. I negotiated free first service on two of those cars, but that would only be honored by the dealership with which I negotiated the purchase.

Those were strictly concessions from the dealers who wanted to get the cars off their lots.

·
Premium Member
504 Posts
There's a coupon in the manual for free 1st service!

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
Mine was free on the 11

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone, in summary:

In Europe (inc. UK) - Is included in purchase by Lotus policy

In USA - may be included by selling dealer by negotiation, but not by Lotus policy.

So I will have to pay for it!

·
Premium Member
666 Posts
i paid in Montreal but more than reasonable - cost of the cars and imo the serovce side was more important than $. they got me in & out like an F1 pit stop!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts