The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had my first service at Palm Beach MC. Set me back about $287.00. I thought that was a lot. Anybody pay that for the 1000 mile service?

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
$270.32 here at Overseas Motors in Dallas. $184.52 of those was labor.

·
Registered
42 Posts
The 1000 mile service on my Harley Fat Boy was $276, now that's outrageous! -eek-

·
Registered
980 Posts
I belive that is all that They do.
I think that the ticket said castrol 5w 30 synthetic.

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
evomind said:
what do they do besides change the oil and get an ecu dump for lotus' benefit?
They are supposed to go over everything and check the bolts for tightness. At least they should...

·
Registered
472 Posts
nxm150,
I think that the charge at Rothrock is $230, including the 5W40 (NOT 5W30) synthetic oil. You can save about $30 by providing your own oil (the specified Havoline may be hard to find around here -- I used Valvoline with no protests). I think the labor was about $180, but I don't have my receipt here. By the way, had my 1000 mile service done there on 11/19, and was pretty much satisfied with the service dept. Their sales force is a different topic.

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
lrattner said:
I just had my first service at Palm Beach MC. Set me back about $287.00. I thought that was a lot. Anybody pay that for the 1000 mile service?
Mine was $300 at the same place- I posted the breakdown of everything about a week ago.

edited to show breakdown

$40 for oil, $25.90 for the filter, $204 labor, $1.48 oil drain plug gasket, $12.24 waste disposal fee(It says they charge 6% of the labor rate for this) and $17.01 tax.

Wonder why mine was $13 more:confused:

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Jim, thanks for the reply, I am equal distance between Rothrock and Criswell. I know Criswell is 300+.

Jim Itin said:
nxm150,
I think that the charge at Rothrock is $230, including the 5W40 (NOT 5W30) synthetic oil. You can save about $30 by providing your own oil (the specified Havoline may be hard to find around here -- I used Valvoline with no protests). I think the labor was about $180, but I don't have my receipt here. By the way, had my 1000 mile service done there on 11/19, and was pretty much satisfied with the service dept. Their sales force is a different topic.

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Re: Re: First service-How much did you pay?

xxxotic said:
Mine was $300 at the same place- I posted the breakdown of everything about a week ago. Wonder why mine was $13 more:confused:
More labor or more oil, they used 2 quarts more than OFL 1st car and 1 more than her 2nd car. I guess the better they drain it the more oil they'll use ;)

OneFastLotus said:
funny how yours used 6 quarts but mine only used 4 quarts and 5 quarts respectively.
They did charge me $6.75 a quart.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts