The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Completed my first ever stereo install today. 2005 Elise. It was much easier than I expected it to be. Done in less than an hour. Ordered the stereo and DIN tools from Crutchfield and they got here next day. The harness was back ordered so I ordered it off amazon because I didn’t want to wait for Crutchfield to ship even tho it was included free with the stereo. All works well, and the Bluetooth phone calls have been seemless so far.
92B20873-2318-4752-8034-415A4C4C2DB2.jpeg

·
Registered
124 Posts
Nice! I had a sony installed at a local retailer. I can move the head unit around with my fingers. It isn't really a problem but when you detach the face it is REALLY difficult to get it back on because when you apply any pressure the whole unit shifts around. Is there a way to anchor it in there? Mine was bluetooth only so I think it is a little smaller.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice! I had a sony installed at a local retailer. I can move the head unit around with my fingers. It isn't really a problem but when you detach the face it is REALLY difficult to get it back on because when you apply any pressure the whole unit shifts around. Is there a way to anchor it in there? Mine was bluetooth only so I think it is a little smaller.
Mine kind of clicked in place when I slid the unit into the mount. It’s pretty sturdy and taking the face off causes no movement. Maybe take it back and have them check it out? It definitely shouldn’t be moving around like that.

·
Such Administrating
6,860 Posts
Nice! Adding a new radio makes a world of difference compared to the stock one.

The mounting "bracket" that comes with the radio needs to be set in place and the tabs bent out to "lock" it in place. This is what usually keeps it from sliding around. You'll have to pull the radio out to do this. Most of them look like this:

Or that the actual radio isn't locked into the below bracket like it should be.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts