The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm immediatly going to powdercoat the wheels black.

Anyone else have something on the very top of their to-do list?

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
my underwear:D

I also will likely have the wheels painted black if I can't get it from the factory....

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
My garage.

I need to install a lift in my garage! :eek:

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
My eating habits.

Top Ramen everyday until the bank account is replenished!!! :)

Add some cameras. Have to mount some cams. I think I will figure out where to hard mount a camera up front and one in the cabin and wire them up.

Figure out where/how to mount a removable trailer hitch for hauling racing tires.

Graphics for racing. Need some custom static clings made for the Elise with my racing numbers and such.

Eventually...

1. Wire in a custom V1 detector, maybe the rear view mirror one.
2. Bring out an aux input jack for the stereo for connection to an external MP3 player. Maybe.
3. Replace tires with sticky Hoosiers. :) More rims?
4. Look into alternate hardtop solutions.
5. Add aftermarket driving lights in stock euro position?
6. Custom cupholder solution for those 1000 mile drives to Kansas and back.

·
Registered
963 Posts
I still can't get past those reflectors. I know some say they aren't that bad, but something needs to be done with them. Besides that, I need to find room in the garage and would love an exhaust with a good note.

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
Forgot two more items.

1. Install small fire extinguisher by passenger foot well.
2. Install racing harnesses.

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
Basically nothing, excedpt feed the aux input with an iPod.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Randy Chase said:
Forgot two more items.

1. Install small fire extinguisher by passenger foot well.
2. Install racing harnesses.
are we related randy?

Almost everything you mentioned here and further above is on my list as well. Ha!

Now i've even upgraded laptops so I now have an old ibook I can use to record video onto. - maybe we need a conecam group buy!

Robert

·
Registered
96 Posts
get a radar detector.
preferably one of the stealth ones that is installed behind the grille and shows up as a couple of lcds mounted in the instrument panel.

anyone have one of these in a different car? have any thoughts about installing one in the elise?

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
The first thing I am going to change, harnesses for autocross and a fire bottle. Then I am going to change tires a lot because they are going to get torn up at track days and autocrosses.

·
Registered
609 Posts
It's K40 time guys...

Frukio,

I have a concealed radar/laser system (K40) in my current car, and I love the thing. Remote mounted sensors front and rear, LEDs in the dash plus audible tones, and a kill switch under the dash. I definitiely plan on getting one on the Elise, although they are a little bit pricey compared to a standalone detector.

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
randy, maybe you need a custom cup holder that resides on that wiiiiiide sill. glue a strong magnet inside the clam under the sill and slap a metal cupholder on it when you make those long drives. remove that sucker and there is no visible sign that it was ever there (in case you're embarrassed to be seen with a cupholder :D )

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Control Arms

Yes I am Not kidding you guys on this. If you are going to autocross or track any Elise you must change the control arms or you will bend the heck out of them.

It seems the control arms are made from a weak material for light weight purposes. If you even spin out the car on the street you can and will bend a control arm or two.

I am just giving out this info to you guys based on first hand experience with an Elise on a race track down in Australia. We did a test day and one of our guys in the Elise group spun his car on the track and bent a control arm. I would never have believed it if I didn't see it myself, but it's true.

I am going to change mine to chromoly. If anyone else is interested in beefing the control arms up just give me a shout.

Best Wishes,
Mitch

·
Registered
648 Posts
Is Control Arm a fancy name for a Toe Ball Joint? I've seen lots of 2nd generation Elises race and NEVER heard of this happening. Are you sure you're not referring to the Elise S1? Because the S1 definitely had this problem.

Tony

1 - 20 of 61 Posts