The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why invest in an imitation when you can have the original? That what I asked myself when I decided to abandon my Resto-mod Fiero build and purchase my first Lotus.

My name is Ed, and I am from Indiana. I have always wanted a Lotus, but thought they were out of my price range. For the last several years, I had been building a custom 88 Fiero into a modern version of what it could have been if Pontiac have managed the project better. I realized, everything I was doing to the Fiero, a Lotus Evora already had. And seeing as GM copied the suspension of the 88 Fiero from a Lotus, I realized I was wasting my time on a knock off. Not to mention, buy the time I finished the build, I would have invested as much in the project as I would have purchasing a nicely used Evora. At the end of the day, I still would have had a Fiero, which would have been worth considerably less then I had invested in it.

I finally did something smart and purchased a nicely used low mile 2010 Lotus Evora. And I could not be happier.

Attachments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts