The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't driven from North to South (or vice versa) in over a decade and I've been trying to do the PCH in my Elise since I got it in 2006. Finally made good on that goal earlier this week. The sign reads 63 miles, but I googled it and south Carmel to Morro Bay is more like 110 miles. Jesus. I'm ruined for all other roads. I did it on a Wednesday as well so the bike and Prius traffic wasn't too bad. It helps that my car only needs about 70 feet of open road to get around a slow moving car.

It's worth moving heaven and Earth to do this drive in you live in CA and own a Lotus.

Attachments

·
Registered
271 Posts
Looks like a bright sunny day came your way, too. Congrats on the drive, and thanks for sharing the photos.

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
hhhmmm, no gratuitous pictures of you "cow tipping" a Prius off a cliff into the open blue. Perhaps Renderman will photoshop something into your pictures to make my day complete.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hhhmmm, no gratuitous pictures of you "cow tipping" a Prius off a cliff into the open blue. Perhaps Renderman will photoshop something into your pictures to make my day complete.
rotfl rotfl rotfl

·
Registered
8 Posts
I was in SF back in February for a work event and had never been to CA. I did however want to drive the PCH - I've wanted to since I was a kid and saw a documentary on the road. I rented a new corvette targa and drove from SF to the PCH and took it down to just south of Big Sur. I stopped in a place that overlooked the PCH, the coast, and gave you a good look back at the other mountains in the area.

That road is like Magic from Monteray south! The closest thing I've ever driven would be the Cherohala Skyway in TN/NC or the Dragon in TN/NC...

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
. . . any good restaurants along the way?

I ate in Carmel on the way down and stopped at a little diner in Cambria on the way back up. Or, to put it another way, I didn't really take advantage of any of the great view food stops along the way. There are some view pitstops along the way (some with gas) but I don't recall what they were called. Sorry I'm not being very helpful with your question.

Enjoy the drive!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts