The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this last weekend I went out for the first time in my new build. A motec controlled K24 paddle shift sequential exige. It makes 250 whp above 6000 RPM and weighs about 1940 lbs with me in it. This weekend I was running very full of gas due to an unresolved fuel starve issue so it was a little heavier. This is .05 off the lap record or so, but with fresh tires and at min weight it should be almost a second faster.

·
Premium Member
11,583 Posts
I never doubted that you'd get this done. Good for you!

·
He's on fire!
3,164 Posts
OT: what did you think of the quality of return on Racers360

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OT: what did you think of the quality of return on Racers360
It's amazing, its a no brainer to use them if you want to get better. No way you could get even close to that improvement for $100 any other way. They don't pay me to say this or anything, Dion is just awesome.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Whoa.... so great. Good job! There's no way you could turn those lap times with a stick shift. Upshifting mid-corner like that is sick.

·
Addict
1,300 Posts
I'm a little jealous of the benefits and cool factor of paddle shifting and left foot braking. Hope all the time and effort in the build (that I think more pictures of are needed) is getting close to what you wanted.

·
He's on fire!
3,164 Posts
It's amazing, its a no brainer to use them if you want to get better. No way you could get even close to that improvement for $100 any other way. They don't pay me to say this or anything, Dion is just awesome.
Great to know. It looks like you did the one lap analysis, have you also tried the data analysis? Did you find one more beneficial?

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Whoa.... so great. Good job! There's no way you could turn those lap times with a stick shift. Upshifting mid-corner like that is sick.
Embarrassingly I have gone faster with the old setup by a few thousands, but this setup has 1 more second in it still easy, I was barely able to push hard and this is HC 6 on the tires

1 - 12 of 12 Posts