The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Yesterday I did my first track day ever (an HPDE through PDA) at Pocono Raceway North Course. It was so much fun. I feel like I learned so much from my first session to my forth. I felt much more confident and could tell I was driving much smother as the day went on. I could tell every session I got much faster. The instructor I was paired with was amazing and helped me learn so much.

In all the articles written about the Elise where they say the steering wheel is so communicative of grip and other things, I never quite knew what they were talking about until yesterday.

I was a little worried about all the stories with fuel starve and oil starve. I did the last session with 1/2 a tank and didnt notice any fuel or oil starve at all. This is even with a long right hander which i was hitting the top of 4th in at ~120mph that took maybe 8 seconds to go through.

Anyway, I just wanted to share my excitement.

Now I have to get my girlfriend into it so she wont mind me spending the time or money :clap:

·
Registered
389 Posts
I had a very similar experience when I did my first HPDE earlier this spring at Loudon.

I didn't really appreciate some of the aspects of the car until I had it at the track. For me, the primary benefit was the consistency of the car from the first lap to the last. Having the car respond consistently and predictably over the sessions allowed me to learn without having to compensate for overheated tires, fading brakes and all the other changes I saw the drivers of other cars dealing with.

I left the track even more impressed with the car than I was before.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Dentist says 170 at Pocono North

My dentist says he reaches 170 in his Porsche turbo on the straight at Pocono North course. It seems impossible to me. My CRX would do 100, my Celica 108, and my Elise 120. But 170? The straight is not that long!

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
My dentist says he reaches 170 in his Porsche turbo on the straight at Pocono North course. It seems impossible to me. My CRX would do 100, my Celica 108, and my Elise 120. But 170? The straight is not that long!
With enough boost anything is possible. :evil:

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
170 is definatly not unbleiveable, if I remember right I was going about ~140 before breaking on the straight.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts