The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After haunting this site and doing some research and missing a car on ebay I took the afternoon off and visited my local Lotus dealer in Jacksonville, FL.

My first real hard look and touchy feely with these car's. I am in the market and have an add placed on the WTB section of this board.

The guy at the dealership was very friendly, but their selections are somewhat limited for cars.

They have a 06 White Elise, soft top only, no star shield. A 06 Brit Race Green Elise, soft top only, no star shield and a 08 Elise 220 Black which is out of my price range at the moment. They are expecting a 06 Blue from Az in the next few days, soft top only and no star shield.

Prices were fair IMHO but not the one I am searching for...

Todd :shrug:

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
I find the lack of starshield very surprising, it's one of those add-ons that's a must-have and would be easy money for a dealer, doesn't make much sense for them to order without. Though I suspect they'd try to sell you on a locally-installed version (which is just as good IMHO) that would probably cost more than port-installed starshield (I only say it would cost more because I can't figure out why else they'd have left this off the order form).

·
Registered
3,970 Posts
I find the lack of starshield very surprising, it's one of those add-ons that's a must-have and would be easy money for a dealer, doesn't make much sense for them to order without. Though I suspect they'd try to sell you on a locally-installed version (which is just as good IMHO) that would probably cost more than port-installed starshield (I only say it would cost more because I can't figure out why else they'd have left this off the order form).
I also find the lack of StarShield surprising. I didn't think any dealers ordered the cars without it, unless they were planning to add it locally. In that case, I would be very careful. I don't fully agree with Matt's opinion. Some may be as good as the real thing, others may actually be better, but many are also very poor. Better, or worse, refers to both the quality of the installation and the long-term quality of the film used. Some people here have had some bad experience with poor dealer installation and yellowing over time. The factory port installation is generally OK, though not great.

In any case, you do not get the Lotus warranty on anything but the port-installed StarShield. That is worth something.

I ordered mine without StarShield and chose to go with an alternative after I took delivery of the car, but I did a thorough job of researching everything to get the best possible job (not the cheapest one). After over three years I am quite happy with that decision.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Prices were fair IMHO but not the one I am searching for...

Todd :shrug:[/QUOTE]

Which one are you searching for?-poke-

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They bought the 06's from an auction house in Atlanta, I also noted that the white car had some paint work on the front right quarter.

FrostyL - I am looking for a Chrome Orange w/hardtop as first choice or Saf Yellow w/hardtop as a close second in either 05 or 06 model years.

Todd :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts