The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Evija has a lot of firsts, for Lotus and for the industry. I thought it would be fun for us to compile a list of all the firsts the Evija hits (good and bad). Please add more and correct any that are in dispute:

- First Lotus EV
- First EV capable of fully charging in under 10 minutes
- First new Lotus model in over a decade
- First all new Lotus super car in over 40 years
- First Lotus car over 3500 lbs
- First production car with this level of power
- First Lotus model under Geely
- First Lotus priced over $1M

·
Registered
824 Posts
The Evija has a lot of firsts, for Lotus and for the industry. I thought it would be fun for us to compile a list of all the firsts the Evija hits (good and bad). Please add more and correct any that are in dispute:

- First Lotus EV
- First EV capable of fully charging in under 10 minutes
- First new Lotus model in over a decade
- First all new Lotus super car in over 40 years
- First Lotus car over 3500 lbs
- First production car with this level of power
- First Lotus model under Geely
- First Lotus priced over $1M
I'm not very impressed with Lotus on the marketing for some of this.

The charging in under 10 minutes thing isn't actually real. It's a theoretical goal, but there is no charging technology capable of it. Apparently the batteries can theoretically be charged that fast if charging technology ever exists that can provide it.

The 'first production car with this level of power' - they don't actually have this level of power, it's just a design goal.

As to first Lotus EV. Is it though? The Tesla Roadster probably qualifies for that honor, followed by the 414E. The driveline is being done by Williams rather than Lotus. I suppose the first Lotus-branded production EV.

·
Registered
352 Posts
You want controversy? NONE of the claims stated have yet to be substantiated. I won't believe it until Leno tells me so. :grin2:

·
Registered
6,538 Posts
It's the first Lotus 'street' car I will never plausibly aspire to own.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts