The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so does anyone play ice hockey on this forum and own an elise ?

how do you transport/organize your equipment in the elise? half in the front seat ? and will the other half fit in the makeshift trunk ?

can it fit ?

·
Premium Member
3,041 Posts
my son plays goalie.....no way in an Elise

·
Registered
62 Posts
I was always able to fit my gear in the passenger seat in my Elan Coupe. The sticks were tricky, and the side window was a bit obstructed. :)

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
I haven't tried b/c I don't wanna stink up the interior, but I would say it's possible. Just put the soft top in the trunk so your sticks can poke out thru the top and put the top on when you park.

Take a pic if you do it.

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
I play ice once a week and roller twice a week. Those are the days I can't drive the elise - no fit no way.

I have on occasion traveled with a hockey stick ... but with the JL 10'' in the passenger footwell the blade of the stick rides outside the car near the gasscap.

I was able to fit my cello and my hockey stick in at the same time however ... had to put the cello in a soft case and again the stick was partially out of the car.

*sigh*

·
Registered
365 Posts
skater (non-goalie) bag + stick can fit easily w/the top off. I've thought about turning the bag upright and strapping it in w/the seatbelt, but haven't tried it yet. Seems like it should work too.

You could also split the gear as you suggested. No loose skates in the boot, though - too much weight w/sharps flying around :no:...Once you're done playing for the day and re-pack gear in the boot, it'll be sweaty, and over time, your boot might start smelling like your bag. I suppose you could keep some towels back there.

So, yes, it can be done and quite easily so don't worry about it.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
YES IT WILL

It will...makes it a little difficult to get into 5th and 6th but its not problem for me.

It should be noted that I'm 5'7 and my stick comes to just below my chin with skates on. So if your taller the sticks might not fit.

Attachments

·
Registered
32 Posts
I am 6' and my gear and sticks fit in the passenger seat but I need to remove the soft top to get the gear and sticks in and out.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts