The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Lotus Evora Specialty
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This has been on the back-burner for a while but now it's real: A fitted front splitter for 2010-14 Evora & Evora S cars with the original bumper. All the info we have can be found here: https://hethelsport.com/.../s1splitter/

We're hoping the first production splitters to arrive around August, pending safe working conditions.

And to kick-it-off, we're introducing them with a group-buy price (without the group-buy hassles) until May 29th. --Sherman

·
Happy To Be Here
2013 Lotus Evora IPS - Carbon Gray
859 Posts
I’m already in for one. This is exactly what I’ve been waiting for. I love the winglets on the side!

·
Premium Member
6,933 Posts
Sherman, I could be very interested, but I had one of the early splitters on my 2010 that were there to "protect". The way the screws afix allowed air to ride over splitter. I had the please of having it explode under the car at 125mph!! All I am saying is put it in the wind tunnel and make sure the mounting is capable of the downforce it will create!!!

Reactions: HethelSport

·
Premium Member
2,390 Posts
Sherman, your "Group Buys" were all hassle free (at least for us.... not necessarily for you 😜)!
I'd be all over this if I didn't have your GTE bumper. Looks great!

·
Happy To Be Here
859 Posts
Sherman, I could be very interested, but I had one of the early splitters on my 2010 that were there to "protect". The way the screws afix allowed air to ride over splitter. I had the please of having it explode under the car at 125mph!! All I am saying is put it in the wind tunnel and make sure the mounting is capable of the downforce it will create!!!
I agree that the flat sheet designs all have the same weakness in that they only have the thickness of the sheet to resist bending, which is one reason I never bought one after all these years. While this splitter may still flex down under load in a fore-aft sense, the flexural rigidity between screws left to right should be immensely greater due to the added cross-sectional height at the leading edge, increasing the moment of inertia. I think overall, this will be far more rigid in all senses, but when it arrives, I’ll be buying all new slightly longer fasteners with larger diameter washers to help distribute load. I might also place some strategic silicone or Sugru just to make sure a gap can’t momentarily form if I hit a bump at high speed.

It would be cool to see someone with a wind tunnel test all the splitter options though just to see how they compare in a safe setting.

·
Lotus Evora Specialty
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sherman, your "Group Buys" were all hassle free (at least for us.... not necessarily for you 😜)!
Oh my gosh... that first group-buy was nuts. I took me 2 days to unload everything, mostly because I didn't know how to break open ocean freight crates. And then it took me ±five hours to build & pack each individual outgoing bumper crate. ...funny thing about all that is I loved every minute of it. It took a lot of bumpers to get that down to the current 1-hour build-&-pack time, and I still enjoy it! --Sherman

·
Premium Member
6,933 Posts
Thanks Sherman. just take it up to 150 for me and have someone in front with a rear facing camera! That was a brown spot moment years back!
Maybe that will work nicely with my gurney flap .

·
Happy To Be Here
859 Posts
no more group buy ? just saw this
The link in the original post says that it’s officially over, but that you might be able to still get in if you contact Sherman via email. It ended yesterday, but you should definitely email him ASAP and see what he can do.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts