Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)

Attachments

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If you look above, you'll see a wheel-lock on one of the dollie's wheels- very convenient if you're on an incline and also for safety- it keeps the car (and dollies) immobile when jacking the car up. The Elise is low and requires a lower-than-normal jack. I use Harbor Freight's Aluminum (what else?!) Racing Jack below. NOTE: I had to return my first one (inoperable) as did another friend. Both were replaced by HF. A third friend has had no problems with his. At $120 it's dirt cheap but ..you get what you pay for.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
Do the rearview mirrors fold in on the Elise?

Most manufactuers state the width of a car, but it doesnt include the side mirrors.

Found a way we can use our cars for advertising-

I have a 3 car garage that is about 26 or 27 feet wide. If I could cram 4 Elises in the garage and take a picture and sell it to a real estate company and they could do an ad stating titled "Outgrown your current house?"

I know that the Mini is shorter, but is the Lotus the lowest height-wise and width-wise car on the road?

·
Registered
971 Posts
I just put down my deposit on having a garage built this summer. It will be 24' wide x 32' deep. So I should be able to park the Elise nose to tail with the Neon R/T in one stall and have room for the Ram and a work space in the other. It will have 10' walls so I am still considering a lift as an addition later.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
xxxotic said:
Do the rearview mirrors fold in on the Elise?
On the euro cars at least they do not fold.

Don't let anyone try it either as they may rip the mirror off it's mounting base.

Bye, Arno.

·
Registered
13 Posts
xxxotic said:

I know that the Mini is shorter, but is the Lotus the lowest height-wise and width-wise car on the road?
Back in an old post they compared all the dimesions of the Elise to other cars. If i remember correctly, the Elise was actually 2 inches wider than the Miata and/or the Mini. Either way, I do remember that it wasn't the narrowest car.

·
Registered
637 Posts
DCNSX said:
If you look above, you'll see a wheel-lock on one of the dollie's wheels- very convenient if you're on an incline and also for safety- it keeps the car (and dollies) immobile when jacking the car up. The Elise is low and requires a lower-than-normal jack. I use Harbor Freight's Aluminum (what else?!) Racing Jack below. NOTE: I had to return my first one (inoperable) as did another friend. Both were replaced by HF. A third friend has had no problems with his. At $120 it's dirt cheap but ..you get what you pay for.
?

I got a lowrise (90mm) jack for £65. (about $100).

Craigy

·
Registered
637 Posts
meat said:
Craigy - does it weigh 35lbs??
I don't know - I don't pick it up often, and I drive the elise with it in the boot even less.

Having just checked, it would appear my jack (steel) weighs 11Kg, which is just under 25lbs.

It's a hydraulic jack, lifting capacity 2.5 tonnes. min height is 90mm, max is 405mm. (that's 3.5inches to about 15.5 inches).

I just realised they cut the price of the new version to £30, though it's minimum height is now 110mm.

You won't find an elise with a jacking point below 90mm on level ground - unless it's had it's suspension bent or it's running on a flat tyre.

Craigy

·
Registered
130 Posts
Ken said:
Back in an old post they compared all the dimesions of the Elise to other cars. If i remember correctly, the Elise was actually 2 inches wider than the Miata and/or the Mini. Either way, I do remember that it wasn't the narrowest car.

Does anyone know how wide (and how long) the Elise is? I need to know if I will have to do any garage modifications.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I believe my garage has the same dimensions as yours.I have my 911'on the sides with my Mini in the middle.There is still a bit of room to park another car behind them(sideways) but it's a pain to get stuff in and out.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
photo-shopped Elise

LOL- I have enough problems explaining to people how I fit three cars in the garage. How do I explain that 4th car???? "Well, I did get it with Touring Package, LSS and the anti-grav option..."

1 - 20 of 20 Posts