The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the above a direct swap, not counting the engine cover which I believe would have to be left off if im not mistaken

·
Premium Member
470 Posts
Not sure but I think it's about 1/4 to 3/8 inch longer on the front edge. I think this because I have an '88 and bought a tinted plastic sunroof to fit later model, (S4 or V8, not sure), and it leaves a gap behind the roof in front of the decklid big enough to put your finger in. Other wise the sunroof fits perfectly. Below makes no mention of the hatch but it sure looks like the later hatch on an '88.

Esprit Owners

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
According to my tape measure its the same length from the top where it meets the roof line to the rear where it meets the body spoiler on the tail

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I do recall the last I installed my glass roof it had what looked like more space between the engine hatch and the glass

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
A little bodywork, sanding and painting and my lightning yellow deck lid and wing are ready to install. I never realized how orange the factory yellow Esprit is. I first thought it would be breeze to cover it up, four coats of base later.

Attachments

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I dont know as I havent removed the existing one yet, but my guess is alot due to no second piece of glass. I can tell you the V8 one is fairly light, I cant wait to swap it. I am working very slow as I broke my wrist in a motorcycle accident in early May and have to wait til a couple buddies are over again to help with the swap. I can still paint pretty well though and moving the decklid in pieces to paint it is fairly easy. That decklid is an odd shape to paint, I removed the grills, window cover, and wing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts