Registered
3,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Impressions??

Attachments

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
I was scrolling down and stopped. Wow, I do like the new Espirt, and then I saw the Elan plate.

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
More...

Attachments

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
One more... Espirit.

:drool:

My goal is to own one by 2012!!

Attachments

·
Registered
71 Posts
The more pictures I see the more I like. I think my expectations were pretty high and I wanted to see something totally outrageous, but these are very classy and expensive looking, almost scary to imagine $$. Has anyone seen the new Lambo, a little too extreme, but 2200 lbs V10, maybe Lotus needs to tke notes?

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The more pictures I see the more I like. I think my expectations were pretty high and I wanted to see something totally outrageous, but these are very classy and expensive looking, almost scary to imagine $$. Has anyone seen the new Lambo, a little too extreme, but 2200 lbs V10, maybe Lotus needs to tke notes?
I need to see a flow-chart to determine what distinguishes each model from the next.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Can someone post a flat side view of the esprit? How much of a wedge is it. Does anyone have dimensions, how low? P.S. the new 4 door has a nice little kick at the tail.

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
This site gives an overview, specs, and some videos:

FIVE New Lotus Models Revealed

Lotus Elise: 4 cylinder 2.0, 350 BHP. Base and R versions available as coupe or cabriolet. Aimed at Porsche Boxster / Cayman, Audi TT

Lotus Elan: Available with 2 seats or as a 2+2, V6 3.5 ltr, 450-470 BHP, Base Price around £70000, Base and R versions available as coupe or cabriolet, benchmark: 911 turbo

Lotus Elite: 2+2, 5.0 ltr V8, 600 BHP+. Available as coupé / cabriolet in Base and R versions. Base Price around £135,000. Aimed at DB9

Lotus Eterne: 4 door / 4 seat based on the new Lotus Elite. Aimed at Porsche Panamera / Aston Martin Rapide

Lotus Esprit: 2 seats, 5.0 ltr V8, 600 BHP+, Base Price around £100,000. Base and R versions available as coupe or cabriolet. Aimed at Ferrari 458 / Gallardo

All videos and images are copyright and courtesy of http://www.lotusforum.be
Well, I've got to say, I'm pretty happy with all the horse power figures of the Lotus cars. They are all competitive with their class. I really like the Elan but I have a feeling the Elise will be in my comfortable price range.

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
i'm starting to wonder if the new elise engine will be the joint toyota subaru flat 4? that would be pretty awesome, low CG.

·
Registered
207 Posts
The Elan looks pretty slick.

The rest I have to sleep on.
Bring on the big flashy press photos.

·
Registered
71 Posts
:sad: on second thought I think I'm gonna buy another S2. Maybe a few more photos will help?

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
This site gives an overview, specs, and some videos:

FIVE New Lotus Models Revealed

Well, I've got to say, I'm pretty happy with all the horse power figures of the Lotus cars. They are all competitive with their class. I really like the Elan but I have a feeling the Elise will be in my comfortable price range.
Thanks Allan!

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The Elan looks pretty slick.

The rest I have to sleep on.
Bring on the big flashy press photos.
Yep... what we need are some high quality press pics (from every angle) to make a decision.

As for me, if I like the 2012 Esprit, it's going to be my next car. And based on what I see in THIS pic, I like...

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts