The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ever since I got the car, I noticed there was a rattle if I bumped against the driver side door panel. This didn't happen with the passenger side one. So I removed the door panel and as soon as I peeled the panel away at the bottom (it's attached with velcro), a nice M4 or M6 bolt dropped out. DOH! The washer was still hanging on for dear life on the velcro. A few twists of my socket driver and I'm rattle free...woo hoo! I also gummi-pflegde (sp? ...it's a BMW product) the seals so maybe the squeaks will be gone too.

·
Banned
6,941 Posts
Good for you. With a cheerful can-do attitude, little quirks that are part of the Elise experience can be dealt with. Little squeaks here and there can be excorcized. I get a nice feeling of satisfaction when I handle something like this... don't you?

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hehe...sure do. On the M3, I've done everything from drop the tranny to install a LTW flywheel, pulled the head to replace the head gasket, timed the cams (probably better than 99% of the dealer techs out there), hardwired a V1 (doing it right by running the wires directly to the power distribution area and using the factory terminals, etc), replaced controls/bushings, etc.

I wanted to lift the Elise the other weekend and make sure all the bolts were torqued (I would have probably gone by the generic bolt size torque spec) or at least put a socket on the bolts to make sure there were no loose ones. But getting the Elise in the air proved more difficult than just a quick job and there was copper pipe in the garage awaiting to be brazed for the new 80 gallon compressor :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts