The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi,
does anyone know if the seats of the exige / elise S1 can be mounted on the S3 exige?
thank you guys

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
I believe it's the same seats and runners, but I'm not sure. We didn't get the Exige S3 in the USA other than a hand-ful of cup cars. But from pictures, they seem to be the same, and if memory serves, I think a few people have done the reverse, ordered the new seats for their older cars.

G/L

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I believe it's the same seats and runners, but I'm not sure. We didn't get the Exige S3 in the USA other than a hand-ful of cup cars. But from pictures, they seem to be the same, and if memory serves, I think a few people have done the reverse, ordered the new seats for their older cars.

G/L
great sound!...thank you🙏👍👍

·
Registered
The Blue Meanie - 2006 Polar Blue Elise & Bernice - 2010 Chilli Red Mini Cooper S
1,003 Posts
hi,
does anyone know if the seats of the exige / elise S1 can be mounted on the S3 exige?
thank you guys
Hey Stex!

First, welcome to the best lotus Forum on the net!
Second, out of curiosity, why would you want to replace S3 seats with S1 seats? I'm told the padding is inferior to the Probax brand that was on the S2 and S3. Not making any judgements or anything. Again, just curious.

Beautiful ride dude. Yellow was the color I really wanted. But in a used car market, I took what was available. Never regretted it since the purchase but yours is beautiful!

Reactions: stex

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey Stex!

First, welcome to the best lotus Forum on the net!
Second, out of curiosity, why would you want to replace S3 seats with S1 seats? I'm told the padding is inferior to the Probax brand that was on the S2 and S3. Not making any judgements or anything. Again, just curious.

Beautiful ride dude. Yellow was the color I really wanted. But in a used car market, I took what was available. Never regretted it since the purchase but yours is beautiful!
Hi!
yes,in truth I had mounted on my fifth lotus (exige s1,192cv 680 kg) a whole series of original motorsport accessories that are now unfortunately no longer available ... as we know the real lotus are now finished .... they were in carbon and had been made for the 340r/elise,exige s1 race car ... they only weighed 1.5 kg !!..
on my new exige 350 sport I would like to make a small museum 😁😅😅 of original motor sport accessories (seats, handbrake model 340r) they are much more uncomfortable I know ... but believe me, they are very rare objects and they remind me of the old lotus

1 - 5 of 5 Posts