The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys! I'm still kind of new here. Took delivery of my 05 Elise about 2 weeks ago. Before I even got the car I had my mind set on a 7" motorized head unit. Then I got the car and it had a reallllll nice headunit in it but I already had my heart set. Then I realized that even though it was a non-motorized type unit, the thing still played DVD's, had a rear camera input, navigation input and more. I didn't even know such a thing existed.

The thing is awesome and should be really popular here. It has a proximity sensor so the screen dims (you can't see the reflection in the rear glass/rear view mirror) until you're just about to touch it. It's got bluetooth (very popular here) etc etc. Ipod display (shows the name of the song, artist, album right on the display).

Someone here mentioned this unit was actually a factory option at one point?? I don't know but I know the install looked factory when I took it out.

The model number is JVC KD-AVX77 and you can find them on amazon here Amazon.com: JVC KD-AVX77 El Kameleon DVD/CD/USB Receiver with 5.4-Inch Monitor, Proximity Sensor, Touchscreen Controls, Built-in Bluetooth, iPod/iPhone USB 2.0: Car Electronics
480 bucks new, 420 used.

Included you get the head unit wiring harness that fit this to the lotus, remote, faceplate, ipod adapter, and whatever this metal thing is called that holds it into place.

I'm asking 400 shipped OR trade for parts that will fit my 05 Lotus Elise. Honestly, I'd prefer to trade so let me know what you got!

Looking for
exhaust
Intake
JL stealth box (or very similar)
HIDs
Rear backup camera
Spare key/key Fob
The alan key to remove the hardtop (with the little anti-theft/security notch in it)
Rear passenger side marker.

Thanks for looking! if you need a vouch or something, maybe the guy who sold me the Kenwood that replaced this will chime in.

Attachments

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hi. Weekend bump. It would be fun to make a "Trade" with someone this week and have the excitement of having a new part on the way. I got offered 300 cash and turned it down but I would probably consider something just a little more than that.

To be clear on the trading thing. If you think you might have something that I would want that you think is worth 200, 300, 400, 600, dollars, let me know! I'm sure we can work something out for a trade plus some cash on one side of the deal or the other depending on what you got!

Thanks

·
Registered
324 Posts
Where are you located at??? Are you interested with brand new micromirror from sector111 plus cash on my end?

Text me 954-591-8520

Law

1 - 3 of 3 Posts