The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The red light in the rev counter thats normally just a shift light has been acting up. When ever I start/drive the car it will continuously flash. No clear pattern to the flashes...just on/off continuously. When & if i do get into higher rev range, light does go solid and acts as shift light.

I searched and saw that it could be related to low voltage or loose battery connections. I checked the battery and keep car on tender, battery starts car easily and seems to be very new ( just bought the car about 2 months ago)

Any suggestions or guidance would be greatly appreciated. Attached is a video of the dash light flashing. Also will note that during idle, the car will occasionally stumble as revs drop. Most of the time it catches itself but occasionally it will stall from idle.

Cold/Hot...makes no difference. I put 150miles on car this past weekend and took the following video when I got home from the am drive.

Link to Video:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/gown72i96mkznwu/IMG_6842.TRIM.MOV?dl=0

Thanks in advance for your help

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
not sure what you mean, every time I start car i turn key to run position, click fob button till i hear tone and then hit start button. If I don't hit fob, car will not start.

·
Registered
733 Posts
in that case, it sounds like the immobilizer is still connected. i don't have experience beyond that.

i don't think the extraneous blinking is coming from the car's engine control unit, though.

also, my car will stumble at idle from time to time. i think that's related to some learned idle control value- it gets better if i let the car idle to learn it's trims and if i don't remove battery power too soon after engine shutdown (thereby allowing the ecu to save the trims).

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
not sure what you mean, every time I start car i turn key to run position, click fob button till i hear tone and then hit start button. If I don't hit fob, car will not start.
Which fob button? The small one is for valet mode and will beep, the larger one is for the full disarm and does not beep.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts