The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My starter button started flashing on the drive home tonite. It flashes/flickers for about 5 seconds then stays dark for 30-60, regardless of car movement due to acceleration or road condition. The button itself still works. Has anyone else seen this? Does it sound like a simple bulb replacement or new starter button?

--Paul

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
The search engine is your friend. Plenty of threads on this. Poor glue job on the back of those switches causes a short. I am on my second switch myself.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The search engine is your friend. Plenty of threads on this. Poor glue job on the back of those switches causes a short. I am on my second switch myself.
Thanks for the tips.

However, I'm really tired of the automatic 'use the search' answers I'm seeing more and more here. vBulletin's search feature is hands down the worst I've ever seen. And yes, I did search.

·
Registered
53 Posts
that is crazy, this just happened to me tonight. I thought for sure I would not find it on here. Little things like that drive me crazy. Good timing I guess.

·
Registered
2,891 Posts
The good thing is if the flickering really bothers you - you can swap this switch out very easily by yourself. :coolnana:

·
Registered
836 Posts
Starter button is a gimmick I dont like, it's not like it saved weigth since the look is still there and you cant't shut it down from the buttom,,,wish they got ride of the stupid thing or made it rigth.

Also I agree, the answer use the search engine is a standard answer from many,,,,,if they don't want to answer just go to the next post,,,,,same type of people that say 'I told you so"

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for being smug, but you've actually proved my point.

Your search results includes such gems as 'GT-R lapped Nurburgring in 7:35 beats SLR McLaren,' 'Chicago Sun-Times article,' and 'Auto Field Guide review.' Even if these threads were relevant to your search, which they aren't, you'd have to dig through 14 pages, or 250 posts to find your search terms.

Does it bite yet?

Try searching for 'Flashing starter button,' as I did. You searched for 'starter button short' which supposes that you already knew it was an electrical short. It's a little ridiculous to fault people for not using the solution as their search terms.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts