The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that the nice weather has started to come out I just went and checked out the Evora that's been sitting in a condo parking garage since early November.

Had checked on it in January and everything seemed good, but I was surprised to see today that one of the tires was completely flat.

Will a tire that's been sitting flat for several months still be safe? I'm going to be taking it to the dealership for a spring tune-up next week to have them look in detail, but just wanted to hear what others have to say on the topic.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Just fill er up and roll on out. If it feels out of balance, or something like that then maybe. Check for bubbling on the sidewall after you drive it a bit. Otherwise probably just fine.

·
Closer than you think
2,222 Posts
The first and easiest thing to check is for a leaky valve. Refill the tire then apply some soapy water over the valve area and look for tiny bubbles.

The most likely problem is a very slow leak from a nail or screw embedded in the tire. The best thing to do is remove the wheel/tire and again slowly pour soapy water over the tread areas and then the sidewalls. Often the bubbles will draw your attention to a small piece of something stuck in the tire. Don't pull it out! Take the tire to a shop and have a glued plug placed from the back side if possible. Plugs work great, but some people will tell you to avoid track use with a plugged tire.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts