The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks quite cool in pics too. Wondering what would Elise or Exige look like in flat white or flat white with glossy stripes or other way around?:coolnana:

·
Super Moderator
6,819 Posts
You mean a bright, crisp, non-metallic, non-pearl white? Or a matte white? Or a satin white?

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
anyone have the color code on that paint job^?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Can not say exactly colour ´couse my lack of english, but that Sti is pretty much what I ment. Like aspen white, but in matt.

·
Super Moderator
6,819 Posts
Are you sure that that STI is matte? It looks like an overexposed shot of a 2008 STI in Aspen White. Matte wouldn't show as much reflection along the doors, would it? For '08 the STI's came in Aspen White, which was non-metallic and non-pearl. For '09 they went back to Satin White Pearl.

·
Super Moderator
6,819 Posts
I just searched to see if there was a matte white STI out there and came up with all kinds of pics of other matte white cars:

It doesn't do much for me. We live in houses and work in offices with matte white covered walls, some color and shine on our cars isn't a bad thing. Interesting to see though.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
JWA, that Ferrari and Slr are just the kind of colour what I´m looking for. Aspen white seems to be more popular in States than in europe, and flat or matt white or whatever I should call it would be so unique. Hmm.. maybe I should post some pic of my "working" room. Lime green walls with two wide white stripes round all the way:). Looking for alernatives for sun burnt ardent red Elise and I think white does´t hide any of those nice shapes, just like pic of Gallardo that I saw somewhere.

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
Just add a deglossing agent to the clear coat and you have a matte paint job. Or order paint from a place like Hot Rod Flatz. or just wrap your gloss car in matte clear vinyl laminate. I can help with the last one of those.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts